Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Wisdom Teeth ....

Default Wisdom Teeth ....

I had 3 of my wisdom teeth removed last year and they didnt remove the 4th because i wasn't having any problems with it. Now, its been infected all weekend. They just ordered me amoxicillian. I checked with the baby's doc who said its ok to use. The dentist wants me in the office when i am done the antibiotics to have the tooth removed. they are going to numb my mouth with numbing injections. Will the numbing meds affect breastfeeding?
    mother of 3

haley #1, in pre-k

brianna #2, loves her way

liani #3 since july 12, 2010

i love my kids!

Default Re: Wisdom Teeth ....

Yes, novacaine is okay to use while breastfeeding. I had to have a double root canal a few months ago. I nursed Joe before the procedure, and then I had my husband give Joe a bottle while I was at the dentist, so that I could wait a little longer, for the meds to wear off slightly, before BF'ing him. But I don't think that was actually necessary. More info here.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

Default Re: Wisdom Teeth ....

Is it just local? You're not going to be put under?

A local anesthetic shouldn't affect breastfeeding at all. If you're going to have general anesthesia then you're fine to breastfeed once you're awake enough to hold your baby safely.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--