Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Grunting while nursing??

Default Grunting while nursing??

My son is 8 months now. Recently (a week or so maybe) he grunts sometimes while he is nursing. He'll keep his latch but he'll stop nursing and he'll grunt (like he is trying to poop). But he never poops when he does it. Sometimes the grunt turns into a fuss, but it is mostly a grunt. Wonder what that means??
    Children are a blessing from the Lord.
    Wife to my sweety & Mother to my son (Born January 2010)

I started to motherhood when my son first smiled at me, is my preferred method of transporting my son, was overwhelming at first but now enjoyable, and cloth diapering his & are my newest adventures!

Default Re: Grunting while nursing??

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sandilucia View Post
    My son is 8 months now. Recently (a week or so maybe) he grunts sometimes while he is nursing. He'll keep his latch but he'll stop nursing and he'll grunt (like he is trying to poop). But he never poops when he does it. Sometimes the grunt turns into a fuss, but it is mostly a grunt. Wonder what that means??
    Do you think it's more of a communicative grunt? Around that age they start associating eating as being a social thing... They see people chatting it up while eating... What do you think?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Hmmm maybe. He does get quick distracted now while nursing and looks away and then comes back to latch. Sometimes he'll start playing. But the grunting is more frustration. Wasn't sure what he was frustrated about. Now that I think about it not sure when during nursing he grunts... beginning middle or end. I'll have to pay attention to that.

I started to motherhood when my son first smiled at me, is my preferred method of transporting my son, was overwhelming at first but now enjoyable, and cloth diapering his & are my newest adventures!

My son is also 8 months, and he does the same thing! I thought he was pooping too, but he's not. I'm not sure what it means, maybe they're just enjoying the nursing?
    I my LLL meetings and this forum! Without them I wouldn't have been able to deal with poor latch, mastitis, over supply or thrush. Make a goal and stick with it! After many hurdles, I my baby boy, born all naturally 01/23/2010.

Birth Weight: 7lbs 15ozs
    6 Weeks: 11lbs 2ozs
    9 Weeks: 14lbs 0oz
    12 Weeks: 15lbs 3ozs
    4 Months: 16lbs 10ozs
    5.5 Months: 19lbs 1oz
    6.5 Months: 20lbs 0oz

Hmmm ... thanks! No worries right now I guess. I'll just keep watching to see if anything changes.

Our boys are close in age and size I think. My son was about 20 lbs. at 6 months and born on 1/26