Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: question about AF while EBF

Default question about AF while EBF

My daughter is 2 months old and we are EBF. I think I just started my period but its very light and I dont have my normal PMS symptoms (thank goodness). I thought you didn't get AF while EBF. Is it normal to get a light one? Or is this something else?
    ~Kate~

Mama to
    Addi Born 2/22/08 and supplemented for 3 months
    and
    Charlotte (Charlie) born 7/26/10 EBF and going strong!

Wife to my best friend and a wonderful man Mike

My family blog
    That Jakcsy Family

Default Re: question about AF while EBF

Everyone is different. But chances of AF coming back earlier increase with use of pacifiers, bottles, longer sleep stretches, less comfort nursing. My AF returned at different times with all of mine. My first was 8-9 months and had just started sleeping through
    the night. My second was 10 months and she STTN by two months and never comfort nursed. my third - AF just came back at 23 months.

with the PP. You can definitely get your period back while EBF. Even those mamas who don't use pacis or bottles and co-sleep can see it return within a few weeks or months of birth.

If you haven't been using back-up birth control, and don't want another baby right away, now is a very good time to start using contraception in addition to breastfeeding.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I always nursed as much as they wanted and it came back at 12 weeks like clockwork, it really isn't fair!
    Mom to Abigail, born May 3rd, 2007 (self-weaned at 27 mths) and Charlotte, born Nov. 24th, 2009. Both reflux babies and EBF. Charlotte weighs 31 lbs at 26 mths.

I'm still waiting for mine to come back, so don't have any experience to share, but wondered if it could just be a bit of post-birth spotting. If I remember correctly, the bleeding usually stops by 6 weeks, but I think I had occasional spotting for a week or two after that, especially if I did something more physically strenuous than normal. If you think that's possible, try taking it easy for a while.

Thanks ladies.
    ~Kate~

Mama to
    Addi Born 2/22/08 and supplemented for 3 months
    and
    Charlotte (Charlie) born 7/26/10 EBF and going strong!

Wife to my best friend and a wonderful man Mike

My family blog
    That Jakcsy Family