Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: New

Default New

Hello all,
    I am new on here, but enjoying all the information that I am reading. My daughter is 2 weeks old now, and although I have teenagers as well, I never stuck to breastfeeding with them.

The whole breastfeeding thing is new to me. I have a question that maybe someone experienced can answer? On my left breast, in the back, there is what seems to be a line of hard balls that won't go away. I read in the LLLI book and it talked about not draining the milk right, but I have used a pump every day now, for 3 days on this breast and the lumps are still not going away. I have different sized breast originally, so the left one is my largest, so maybe it's just something to not worry about? It isn't sore, just irritating...

Default Re: New

The hard lumps you are describing sound like clogged ducts to me. are they painful at all?
    Jessica

Moma to DS1-the monkinroanie (3/09) and DS2-the sweet pumpkin (5/12)
    Strong Women- May we have the delight of knowing them, the courage to be them and the privilege of raising them.
    And yes I know my spelling terrible (is that spelled right? )

I used to get those and it wuold take a few days to go away fully. Have you called your local LLL leader and gone to any meetings in your area yet? This is a great way to get hand on support and help. If you need help locating your local LLL leader, just ask we can help you!
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

Are you exclusively pumping or allowing your LO to nurse as well?

If your LO is nursing, have her nurse, nurse, nurse, and nurse some more on that breast and in all different kinds of positions. Try and have her chin pointing toward the lumps.

Warm showers, warm compresses, massage will help them especially if you get your LO to nurse afterward.

Great job Mama, keep it up!
    Wife to DH February 17, 2004.
    First time mom to my precious baby girl, welcomed to this world August 3, 2009!
    Birth: 6 lbs. 6 oz. and 18.5"
    6 months: 14 lbs. 14.5 oz. and 26"
    1 year: 20 lbs. and 30"

Woohoo! We made it one year!

Learn more about us at my blog.

Thank you all for your support. I did find a LLLI meeting in the area that I sent email to get more info on. Yes, it must have been clogged, because now it is gone, but same breast (left) now has what looks like a clogged pore? It's this white pimple thing that hurts really bad...breastfeeding is so frusterating at this point...I think I now remember why I ended up bottle feeding my two teens...

The white thing may be a milk bleb or blister. They hurt like the dickens.

Hang in there, mama- it gets so much better and easier as the baby grows!