Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tired of pumping at work?

Default Re: Tired of pumping at work?

I know how it is! I wanted to quit so many times!

Early on, I had made a pact with myself... any time I wanted to quit, I gave myself 3 days. If I still wanted to quit three days later, I would. I ended up nursing and pumping until my DD was a week shy of 1 year. And now as I expecting my second child, I have the pump all ready to go!

I found that my pumping frustrations usually stemmed from feeling like I couldn't pump enough milk and from not having time to pump. By waiting a small amount of time for those things to right themselves, I kept myself from making a decision that I would have probably regretted.

Yes, I enjoyed nursing her when we were together, but all in all, I look at my pumping experience as being one of the most self-less things I have ever done.

I hear your pain. I have been pumping for almost six months 3x's a day. Some days it is fine, but others hard, like this week. I could not fit my third pumping in at work and leaked! I haven't leaked at work for a while until yesterday.

I'm right there with you! Allen is about the same age - how odd is that? I love breastfeeding - I hate pumping. I know I am doing it for the best reason and that's what keeps me going. I like the 3 day rule -I'll have to keep that in mind.

Jennifer

Talking Re: Tired of pumping at work?

i hear you all too well. sometimes i just feel like groaning "this again?" but i wouldn't make her a formula baby. no way. just remember you're doing the best thing for your baby.

I also am sick of pumping at work. I am a hairdresser, and we only have a tiny breakroom where all the other sylists go to mix up their color and eat and talk on the phone and and and...talk about no privacy! I put a haircutting cape around me to pump and as if that wasn't tough enough... we have the only two straight male stylists in San Fransisco...and they thoughly enjoy making sucking and mooing sounds around me while IM PUMPING!!!! Whew... that felt great to get off my chest no pun intended!!!

Kate
    Atticus's Momma
    born 6-7-06
    7lbs. 11 oz.
    22 inches
    now...a total MOOSE!
    thanks to BFing

Kate - that is a horrendous pumping scenario!! You get extra Mommy-points...wow.

Yep, me too. Just a few more months I guess!
    Margaret and
    DS 2/06 nursed x1yr
    and DD 3/08, so far so good!

I am with everyone on this thread....I am so sick of pumping too! My DD is 8 months old and each time I break to pump, I think, man I wish I didn't have to go do this. But I am doing my best to hang in there. I too have the issue with the location....right now I either go out to my car (which has to stop soon...I'm in Chicago and it's getting COLD) or sit in this dark dingy furnace closet. Those are my only options. And after 8 months of this I am TIRED (I've been doing this since the beginning because my DD was a preemie and I came back to work right away while she was in the NICU). Only 4 months to go for me.....

I hate it too. I come back to my desk, get started with some task or another, and then realize I have to pump! I have been pumping for 14.5 months now Three times a day for the first year.

I cut back to the luxury of just one pumping session per day last month and I plan to wean my pump by Nov. 24 (dd's 16 month b-day!). I've been gradually weaning by decreasing the number of minutes I pump during my one remaining session. I am so looking forward to packing away my pump for good!

Totally! I try to use it as a time to relax (close my eyes and rest) or to get some personal stuff done, like email and such to distract myself. I was just on a business trip for 3 days and if I could have skipped pumping and had no repercutions I would have! We spent one of the days at an amusement park when we weren't working and it was such a pain to have to pump when I just wanted to have fun--wish I had figured out a way to pump while waiting in line