Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tired of pumping at work?

Red face Tired of pumping at work?

I have been breastfeeding dd for 8.5 months and really do enjoy it...but there are some days when I really do notfeel like pumping at work. I always do pump but not always with joy in my heart.
    Anyone else feel that way sometimes?

I guess I am looking for some moral support from fellow breastfeeding moms.

Default Re: Tired of pumping at work?

Hi,

I got REALLY sick of pumping at work around the same time. I didn't want to stop but I was oh-so-sick of it. I tried to not pressure myself about and pump 2x/day if my schedule permitted and I felt like it, or just 1x/day if that was all I could do.

gotta run!

hi there...
    i totally know how you feel...though i've only been pumping at work for 3 months, there are times when i just don't feel like doing it. when i'm feeling this way, i look at a picture of my dd and think about all the wonderful benefits of breastmilk. another thing that has helped me is to have some parenting/baby magazines available to read while i'm pumping. i try to look at this time as a break that i need to take not only for baby, but for me...a time to relax and prepare baby's next meals.

my dd is going to be 5 months tomorrow...and my plan is to BF her for at least a year...and if that means that i have to pump 3 times a day at work for the next 7 months, so be it!

just remember, you are doing so much for your dd by pumping your milk for her. keep up the good job, mama!
    Mommy to...
    Aleina... born on Mother's Day, May 14, 2006...7lbs 4oz, 21.6 inches
    Lauryn Elle...January 26, 2008...7lbs 15oz, 20 inches

Hang in there and know that you're doing the best for your little one! I'm pumping even as we speak (figured out a way to pump & type all at once!). Good luck and the next few months will hopefully (pumping wise) fly by!

I started feeling the same way when my ds was about 8 months old. I just never thought it was going to end. I, too, had a goal to bf for one year and I just kept thinking about how disappointed I would be in myself if I didn't make it. I pump weaned at about 11 1/2 months (we introduced moo moo milk with ped's blessing at 10 months with no problems). I'll tell you, had I not finally been able to quit pumping, I don't think we would have made it bfing as long as we did. My son weaned himself at about 16 months. If I had had to keep pumping much past when I quit, I suspect I would have been pushing weaning. But, when I finally pump weaned, I was perfectly happy to let him keep nursing until he was ready to give it up.

I can definitely sympathize with you. I am looking forward to the time I can stop pumping at work (even cutting out pumping sessions would be great), but I'm not sure how this happens. It seems like she'll still need milk during the day after she hits a year.
    Eva
    Mom to Alyssa (11/26/05)

Thanks you all....it is good to hear other moms feel the same way. Just some days are harder than others.
    Keep it up fellow breastfeeders!

ARGHHHH! I am soooo sick of that pump! I wish I could ditch it...throw it out of the window of a moving vehicle, stomp on it, blow it up . Yes, I am tired of it. But we are going to pump 3x a day until she is 1 (and right now more because we are dealing with supply issues ). I made that a goal...its only 2 more months, I can do it! I can!

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

Honestly? Right now I'm tired of work. I'm thinking of pumping 7 times a day (lol). On a more serious note, I have only been working and pumping since the end of August so I can't totally relate. But what I do to help is have a warm drink and pretend. I pretend I'm having a regular coffee break and read a mag or two. . . I also make social phone calls too. Or at least leave a couple voice mails for friends.

One of my biggest problems is that I can not pump in my office at work. If I could do that - I think I would feel better about it.
    My office has glass in the door, and stained glass large windows that go out to the front of the hallway. Not exactly private and curtains would look really bad..so I have to go somewhere else and that is a pain sometimes to find an open place...oh well

I do it out of love for my baby... I will keep doing but I need to whine once in a while I guess. *sigh*
    Hugs to you all too!