Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: baby sleeping through, but still engored

Default baby sleeping through, but still engored

hi there girls,

my baby is sleeping through form 11pm till 6:30 ( due to me waking her). the thing is that i am waking before her as i am engorged in the mornings. now it's not that it is painful, just very uncomfortable.

she has been sleeping like this for about 3/4 weeks, and i am wondering if the morning engorgement goes and if so how ling will it take?

she is not happy that i am waking her at all. she is the type of baby that like to wake by herself and if not she becomes so cranky

thanks in advance

bun oven
    bun oven
    mammy to Rose
    born 4th July 2010
    married my best friend 6th oct 2009
    going great

Default Re: baby sleeping through, but still engored

how old is your baby?
    hows her growth?

Expect sleeping patterns to change during period of growth.

ARe you returing to work soon? You could pump or hand express for a stash of extra milk

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*andrea.wolford View Post
    how old is your baby?
    hows her growth?

Expect sleeping patterns to change during period of growth.

ARe you returing to work soon? You could pump or hand express for a stash of extra milk

she is 12 weeks on sunday. her growth is fine, a real sturdy baby that is already ahead of her developmental stages. during the day she is fed whenever she looks for food. she happily goes down at 11pm and not a stir out of her till 6:30/7:30. i used to wake her at 3:30am but she not happy with that so now i leave her.

on average she is having about 10-11good long feeds a day. and i have plenty of milk as i suffer with OS and OALD. and i am not returning to work untill jan 2011, but i am also pumping in the morning, and already have a stash of milk in the freezer
    bun oven
    mammy to Rose
    born 4th July 2010
    married my best friend 6th oct 2009
    going great

My dd is 2 months now and falls asleep around 11/12 for the night as well it and I was also engorged in the morning it has taken about 2 weeks but it is getting better. There was a few nights I would get up around 3am and hand express just a little to kind of take the edge off. Hope that helps

Oh and congrats on all the sleep your getting!

Addison 7/27/2010 7.5 lb 21.75 in