Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Great Resource!

Default Great Resource!

I just came back from a conference about increasing milk supply. Lisa Marasco was the keynote speaker and it was awesome. I totally reccommend reading The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk by Diana West and Lisa Marasco. They also have a lot of resources on the website: http://www.makingmoremilk.com/. I learned so much, and I wanted to share with you.

There are many reasons women don't have enough milk, aside from the obvious ones. This conference really opened my eyes to those and ways to help rectify the problem. Sometimes, a woman can't exclusively breastfeed; it also helped me to be more understanding in these cases and learn how to better support women in this situation.
    Wife to Lee
    Mom to Jordan (10)
    Mom to Sophia (9 months)

LLL momma since 2000

Default Re: Great Resource!

I'm sort of surprised to realize that we don't have this book/website info stickied at the top of the forum. I'll rectify that!
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--