6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rent

5 83.33%
  • Buy Used

1 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rent or Buy used?

Default Re: Rent or Buy used?

I posted this in another of your threads, but I'm in the same boat and am renting a Symphony, and I heart it very much. I'm definitely getting better output.
    First-time mom to Little Manatee (1/7/2010)

Nursed for 3 1/2 years!

My little boy is my everything.

Rent. Why buy a pump if you only need it for a couple of months? If you are going to buy one you should buy an Ameda purely yours. They are a CLOSED system and they are half the money of a PIS. But if it's about output and it's short term you may as well get the hospital grade.

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*djs.mom View Post
    Rent. Why buy a pump if you only need it for a couple of months? If you are going to buy one you should buy an Ameda purely yours. They are a CLOSED system and they are half the money of a PIS. But if it's about output and it's short term you may as well get the hospital grade.
    Well the only reason I was considering buying rather than renting was because it'll cost about the same amount of money.

But the Ameda is the same as the Lansinoh double isn't it? That's the double I have (bought new). It doesn't work for me. It's not efficient enough. It kept causing clogs because it wasn't emptying me and that was after pumping for 20minutes. I also had to buy bigger flanges because not only was the diameter not big enough but after a couple of minutes my nipples would be hitting the diaphragm at the end of the tube. I tend to swell when I pump. But eben with bigger flanges I was having issues.

But you're right though. I think renting will be better. It'll be a better quality pump.
    Last edited by @llli*babylove; September 22nd, 2010 at 05:18 AM.
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness

Ok so I went and rented one!

Holy cow is this thing huge!!

I hope it works well because it's going to be a PITA to lug around.
    Amanda
    Formerly: baby-blue-eyes

Canadian Mum to Naomi Born 03/17/08 and has a dairy allergy we are hoping she will outgrow. Nursed for 1 year
    And Gavin Born 01/13/10. 22 months, still nursing and already determined to find every possible way of giving me a heart attack with his dare devilishness