Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: So grateful...

Default So grateful...

I wasn't sure where to put this post. I really hope some of the newer moms see this because I remember the early months and the *millions* of times I thought, "I just can't do this anymore," but somehow stuck with it, and now--20 months later--am so, so glad I did. Because now *I* need it, just as much as DD does.

Raising a toddler...I don't have the words to convey how much strength it takes, both physically and emotionally. I think one of the challenges is that there are no breaks, and few moments to quietly bond. But nursing gives us that. If I weren't nursing DD, I think our days would be crazy blurs of me chasing after her, from the moment she got up until bed time. Sometimes, I am just so drained, and when she asks to nurse...it is a gift. A moment to sit down, zone out, admire my baby's eyelashes (, yeah, I'm still an adoring, besotted mom), clip her fingernails.

That's all I wanted to say. Everything we've gone through, all those painful times--they were worth it, to get us to where we are now. I hope she won't wean any time soon.

Default Re: So grateful...

love it! Yes, it is the best after chasing around a crazy toddler! I also hope my DD dosent wean ANYTIME SOON!!!
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

great reminder!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I'm glad you made it, too mama!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Thank you for the inspiration to keep going!

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sobamom View Post
    Raising a toddler...I don't have the words to convey how much strength it takes, both physically and emotionally. I think one of the challenges is that there are no breaks, and few moments to quietly bond. But nursing gives us that. If I weren't nursing DD, I think our days would be crazy blurs of me chasing after her, from the moment she got up until bed time. Sometimes, I am just so drained, and when she asks to nurse...it is a gift. A moment to sit down, zone out, admire my baby's eyelashes (, yeah, I'm still an adoring, besotted mom), clip her fingernails.
    I never really thought of it in quite this way, but truly, those moments are sometimes the only thing that gives me faith that I will make it through the day without causing serious emotional harm. That's a beautiful way to describe it -- thank you....
    Mama to Lorenzo, born 4/25/2007. NICU graduate, Gastro-Esohapgeal Reflux, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Sensory Processing Disorder...alive and thriving thanks to breastfeeding and co-sleeping.

Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
    Chinese Proverb