Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: he slept through!

Default he slept through!

My LO sleep through the night last night, usually he wakes at least 1-2 times since he got off of formula.

I relactated for him and have been EBF this week and don't see any bottles in our future which is what I have wanted YAY but i make exactly what he needs now. he is 5 months old.

anyway, It scares me that he missed those night feedings that i will start producing less, so after he ate this morning I was still just huge so I pumped but only just a little bit (just 2 oz) i could of gotten more but i didn't want to empty them in case he gets hungry soon because he didn't eat last night (he went 11 hours)

should I have pumped or is that bad? 1 night of him sleeping through isn't going to mess up what I accomplished is it?

sorry I am just super paranoid with our BF relationship because I worked so hard to relactate.

thanks
    ~*TiffanyJewel*~
    Happily Married !
    SAHM to my two beautiful boys
    Ethan my sweet big boy! born 9-9-04
    Aidan my little nursling! (relactation) born
    5-2-06!
    Natalie Jewel Our Valentine! Born
    2-14-08
    *Relactation- a labor or Love*

Default Re: he slept through!

no, i don't think that it's bad that you pumped. this will help to maintain (if not increase) your milk supply...and that's what you want, right?! i kinda went through the same thing last night. dd only woke up once to nurse when she usually gets up twice. when she did want to eat, i was just about to get out of bed to get ready for work...so i got a bottle of EBM ready for my mom to give to her. i pumped as soon as i got to work (at 7:45am...when i usually pump at 9:30am)...but i didn't want to go for too long without nursing/pumping since the last time dd nursed was at 3am this morning.

you're doing great! keep up the good job!
    Mommy to...
    Aleina... born on Mother's Day, May 14, 2006...7lbs 4oz, 21.6 inches
    Lauryn Elle...January 26, 2008...7lbs 15oz, 20 inches