Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Rules of Engorgement

Default Rules of Engorgement

first let me say that i now have the boobs i have always wanted
    i think you should get to keep these as a reward for breastfeeding!!

second, ugh! this is killing me!! they are hard as rocks and my nipples are as wide as my ring finger!

first the left one is way bigger, then the right....should i even worry about this now?? or will they even out?

should i nurse first on the most engorged side or stick to the every other rule? at this point we are only nursing one side per feeding because im afraid if i switch too soon she isnt getting any hindmilk, just drowned in foremilk! and ive been starting with wichever one happens to be the 'smaller' one....which of course pretty much makes it the bigger one for the next feeding lol
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~

Default Re: Rules of Engorgement

The engorgment with my second did not last as long. I took warm showers and massaged as much as I could. I did not pump, but would just manually express in the shower.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Default Re: Rules of Engorgement

i also experience engorged with my #1 son..i did the same thing as llli bee,having my hot shower n do massage as much as i can.i do put a hot towel on my breast..and also the cabbage leaves to the engorged breast..try them,might help u dealing with engorgement..i know how hurt it can be..huhuhuh

good luck
    happy mothering,happy breastfeeding & happy cloth diapering

i'm enjoy tandem nursing

to breastfeed my #1 son zahin nazran since 09/11/2008 till now

to breastfeed my #2 son zakir nazhan since 26/10/2010 till now
    -shahida-