Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: shipping BM

Default shipping BM

Anyone have experience overnight shipping expressed BM home to baby while traveling? I know it's possible, but a little overwhelmed at the whole process. Looking for advice on the best carrier.... and tips for best transport, best way to keep it cold, etc.
    Thanks mommas!

Default Re: shipping BM

Hm. Bumping this just in case anyone does have experience with it but missed the post the first time around.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Default Re: shipping BM

I know there are people here who know about it, I believe you need to buy dry ice, Fed Ex???, can you get a little cooler? Maybe from a doctor's office? I know clinics that get a lot of tiny coolers from shipping lab stuff or you could also probably find them pretty inexpensive at a Target/Wal Mart kind of store.

Pretty sure you do not freeze it first since that would cause it to freeze/thaw instead of just keeping it cold (if that makes sense). I think it keeps better shipped cool rather than frozen.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.