Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: EPing with FreeStyle

Default EPing with FreeStyle

I am wondering if anyone has been EPing with the FreeStyle. I have been using for about a month and a half with my sister in laws old one that she used maybe once or twice a day for about 7 months. I am currently using it about 6 - 7 times a day for about 15 minutes each time for a total of 75 - 90 minutes of pumping a day. I hope to keep using it for another nine months if possible, is this a reasonable lifespan and maintain the suction/power?

Default Re: EPing with FreeStyle

I have EPed, but with a PISA, but I have used the Freestyle pumping for DS2. I think it's a pretty good quality pump. Medela has a really good warranty though, so if you still have the receipt you can get it replaced in the first year if you do have issues. I actually had to do that with a PISA and their customer service was great.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

Thanks! The year mark is up in December, my sister in law thinks she can track down the receipt but I am more worried about it burning out after the year mark and me still wanting to pump for another 5 months. I have a good supply (48 oz/day) so I am hoping to cut back around around the six month mark if I can manage it. I have a PIS that was used occasionally for about 10 months with my son and another 10 months by a friend, it still works great, I am just really hooked on my FreeStyle. I am wondering if it is worth just using the FreeStyle while at work and using my PIS during my more stationary pump sessions.

ETA: Just found a site that said a single user pump lasts about 1000 - 2000 hours. I worked that out for a 1000 hours at about 1.5 hours a day to be 666 days. I am thinking we should be okay as long as my two and half year old doesn't get a hold of it!
    Last edited by @llli*zbee04; September 19th, 2010 at 01:23 AM.

I like my freestyle and pumped 8-10x day with in from October until May when I dropped to closer to 5-6x day and continued dropping sessions until now I only pump 1x/week. It seems to still be going strong, though. I bought it new.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

You should be fine, but since your 1 year is almost up, I'd make sure to have a back-up plan just in case. I plan to breastfeed for 2 years so I have decided to put $20 every week to the side as an "emergency pump" petty cash fund. I have a PISA with a 1 year warranty, but I don't want to take any chances. I know I will have the money for a new pump if I have to buy it. You may want to consider doing something similar if it is possible for you to do so.

What a great idea! Thanks!