Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Help for Kim! Tongue-tie and weight loss/jaundice

Default Re: Help for Kim! Tongue-tie and weight loss/jaundice

yay...hope it continues to get better!
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Just read througha nd so happy to see your last post!

One thought- you said he starts deep and goes to shallow with the letdown, can you unlatch and relatch after that? You may have tried it but I thought I would offer it jic
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*gabesmommy View Post
    Just read througha nd so happy to see your last post!

One thought- you said he starts deep and goes to shallow with the letdown, can you unlatch and relatch after that? You may have tried it but I thought I would offer it jic
    Well he never really starts deep, but he pulls back even more and stretches my nipple. I usually will let him gulp through the letdown and then try to latch him on more deeply but he never gets a great latch, even after that. I wonder if part of it is "memory" of the strong letdown. My supply is at a perfect point right now - it was too much before - so I'm afraid of block feeding. I'm getting a strong letdown because of our struggles to nurse. He will often only get one side because of exhaustion, but once he gets it going better he will need the supply I have. I hate using this word but can't think of an alternative - he's a lazy nurser. He falls asleep before he drains me and seems content when I wake him.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

I'm really glad to hear he's latching and things are going better! I would venture to bet that as he grows and his little mouth gets bigger that his latch will improve over time. And still to this day, I will even adjust my 11 month old's latch... his latch doesn't hurt at all, but he will still sometimes suck his upper lip in a little when he latches, and I just take my finger and adjust it without unlatching him. I also will sometimes take my finger and pull his lower lip down to make sure it is "flanged" out, like fish lips, yk?
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.