Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Help for Kim! Tongue-tie and weight loss/jaundice

Default Re: Help for Kim! Tongue-tie and weight loss/jaundice

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kst.7399 View Post
    Just a little update. We spent yesterday pumping and finger feeding every two hours. His billirubin is now fine and he gained an ounce. We're going home today!! Next order of business is getting his tongue clipped and getting to latch. Oh, and giving him a name!!

Thanks again llladies. You are always so supportive and helpful.
    Awesome Kim. I'm so happy that you got both of your wishes.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

yeah glad your going home today..
    keep up the feedings and keep trying.

So happy you'll be home safe and sound. XO
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Just a little update. We spent yesterday pumping and finger feeding every two hours. His billirubin is now fine and he gained an ounce. We're going home today!! Next order of business is getting his tongue clipped and getting to latch. Oh, and giving him a name!!

Thanks again llladies. You are always so supportive and helpful.
    That's great! Can't wait to hear his name and see pics of the new little man.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

We were supposed to be discharged after lunch so we timed everything out perfectly. When I would pump to have the baby fed so that neither would coincide with leaving and the drive home. It was all working according to plan, the baby was fed and napping for about 30 minutes. We were waiting for the wheelchair when suddenly he woke up hungry. It was close to when I had to pump but everything was packed up and I was already discharged. Out of desperation I put him to the breast. He flipped out getting louder and louder. Everyone but my husband left the room and I was getting nervous. All of a sudden he latched on and gulped frantically for 5 minutes before passing out cold, just in time for the wheelchair to arrive. I almost burst into tears. we're gonna be okay.
    If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. - Katharine Hepburn

Jessica

Moma to DS1-the monkinroanie (3/09) and DS2-the sweet pumpkin (5/12)
    Strong Women- May we have the delight of knowing them, the courage to be them and the privilege of raising them.
    And yes I know my spelling terrible (is that spelled right? )

We were supposed to be discharged after lunch so we timed everything out perfectly. When I would pump to have the baby fed so that neither would coincide with leaving and the drive home. It was all working according to plan, the baby was fed and napping for about 30 minutes. We were waiting for the wheelchair when suddenly he woke up hungry. It was close to when I had to pump but everything was packed up and I was already discharged. Out of desperation I put him to the breast. He flipped out getting louder and louder. Everyone but my husband left the room and I was getting nervous. All of a sudden he latched on and gulped frantically for 5 minutes before passing out cold, just in time for the wheelchair to arrive. I almost burst into tears. we're gonna be okay. :happytears

Erin
    Wife to a grizzly
    Mama to my little deer (12/05) my loving bear cub (9/07--), and our little tiger (3/22/10)
    Born by one c-section and 2 amazing VBACs

Miles in 2012: 350.5/900 (Actual Miles Ran: 189)
    Miles in 2011: 708.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 509)
    Miles in 2010: 800.5 (Actual Miles Ran: 620)

January Miles: 37.5/75
    February Miles: 59/75
    March Miles: 42.5/60
    April Miles: 64
    May Miles: 41/70
    June Miles: 59
    July Miles: 39.5

227.5 miles on my new shoes
    338 miles on my old shoes

We were supposed to be discharged after lunch so we timed everything out perfectly. When I would pump to have the baby fed so that neither would coincide with leaving and the drive home. It was all working according to plan, the baby was fed and napping for about 30 minutes. We were waiting for the wheelchair when suddenly he woke up hungry. It was close to when I had to pump but everything was packed up and I was already discharged. Out of desperation I put him to the breast. He flipped out getting louder and louder. Everyone but my husband left the room and I was getting nervous. All of a sudden he latched on and gulped frantically for 5 minutes before passing out cold, just in time for the wheelchair to arrive. I almost burst into tears. we're gonna be okay.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Wonderful!
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months