Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pump Ease v/s Simple Wishes???

Default Pump Ease v/s Simple Wishes???

I'm returning to work as a middle school teacher on Sept27th and i'm about to order a pumping bustier. I'll be pumping hopefully 3x per day. I'm hoping to get the opinion from mommys who've seen or used BOTH of these.

PUMP Ease Bustier --this one is stretchy "like bathing suit material" and has a zipper in the front. According to the size chart i'd fit into a MEDIUM. I'm a 36 C right now. (5 wks post partum)

http://www.amazon.com/PumpEase-Hands...ref=pd_sbs_a_3

Simple Wishes Bustier--this one seems a little more complicated but is VERY popular as well.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003Y031MM/...SIN=B003Y031MM

Any opinions would be appreciated. They're both pretty much the same price.
    Mom to Savannah (2yrs old--BF till 12mo)
    MOM to TREY (19 yrs) didn't breastfeed

Due AUG 2010 with 3rd child
    Plan to at work and at home.

Default Re: Pump Ease v/s Simple Wishes???

I haven't tried both, but I love the Simple Wishes. It's not complicated, it just has more options to adjust the circumference. It's a very sturdy, substantial, good quality product.

IMO, it runs very large. You can use the velcro'd-in piece to make it larger, so I'd get it smaller than you need right now. When my DS was a newborn, I was like a 36J cup , and now I'm down to "only" a 36G/H cup. Anyway, I got L-XXL, which is now borderline too large for me, with nowhere to go for adjustment. The zip portions really don't work for adjusting, unless your breasts are really close together.

Anyway, with the Simple Wishes, I set it to the size I need with the velcro panel, then zip. I just zip and unzip to get in and out of it, I never fuss with the velcro again. I find it very easy to use for pumping at work, I just usually put it on right over whatever I'm wearing, lift shirt, open nursing cups of bra, put the horns through the openings on the bustier, then zip it up and adjust the gals a bit so they're centered in the horns.

The Simple Wishes has been used basically every work day for 5 months now, and is in really great shape. I like that it has straps that you can attach, this does help stabilize the whole setup so that I can work while pumping.
    First-time mom to Little Manatee (1/7/2010)

Nursed for 3 1/2 years!

My little boy is my everything.

To be brutally honest, I only used a pump bustier for about 2 weeks with DD1. To me it was cumbersome to put on and get off, etc. I found by getting myself in the right position with the shields (often required a certain kind of chair-I do better in chairs that at least slightly recline-or are already in a slight recline position, then the bolt upright chair, a larger chair also seemed better sometimes cause I could sit indian style and that helped as well, however indian style was not required to keep them on, but some times helped, OTOH I am most comfy indian style so even when relaxing at home, I like to sit indian style so since that is my most common position naturally, I found that one of the easier positions to keep the bottles on with out the special bra. Funny enough my husband over heard a woman wanting to know about something on this subject, and he thought all women did it with out a special bustier, like I do! lol haha He didn't even know, this was a thing I had taught myself! lol), and probably helps that my boobs are saggy! lol So they were closer to my lap! lol haha IE the bottles could sit on my legs! haha I really didn't need a pumping bustier to keep them on. You may want to try different chairs, and positions and see if you can. I always had to hold them for the first few seconds, but once the suction got good and off to a start. I could let go of them and they stayed on just fine.

~Heather~
    Wife to
    Vincent since 2001
    SAHMommy to
    Lela 2006 EPed 2 1/2 Years
    ~Donavon & Jeremy~ 2009
    Belle 2010 Nursed over a year
    Raphael 2011 Nursing like a champ
    Raphael & Hubs

My Blog
    ~Heather's Prairie~

I have Medela PIS adv. They def don't just stay attached & I also have to lean forward so the milk doesn't seep between my breast and the horn and leak on my bra. How you can recline I just don't understand?? I'm a B cup. Even now...my breasts are only slightly in a C cup. I'll def need to buy something bc I get shoulder and back fatigue holding them the whole time.
    Mom to Savannah (2yrs old--BF till 12mo)
    MOM to TREY (19 yrs) didn't breastfeed

Due AUG 2010 with 3rd child
    Plan to at work and at home.

Sounds like the flanges could possibly be too big. There should be a suction on them like the baby suctions on. A suction you would have to break to take the shields off. Mine never leaked. The shields suctioned onto my breast.

~Heather~
    Wife to
    Vincent since 2001
    SAHMommy to
    Lela 2006 EPed 2 1/2 Years
    ~Donavon & Jeremy~ 2009
    Belle 2010 Nursed over a year
    Raphael 2011 Nursing like a champ
    Raphael & Hubs

My Blog
    ~Heather's Prairie~

I have this Made By Moms Pumping Band and love it.

I'm a 40C, but it seems like it would adjust outward for larger breasts.

It has allowed me to do so much at work! I can even pump now and do chores before bed. It's awesome, and I love that I can wear it over my bra.

Christine
    Baby Girl Born 2/17/10 to her two mommies
    BF from day one. I looked up one day and realized I'm nursing a toddler!

I haven't tried both, but I love my Simple Wishes. I have a Freestyle pump and it's great to be able to clip the pump to my waistband and do dishes or vacuuming, or to sit and read a book or knit while I'm pumping. It's far easier to use a pumping bustier than the hands free setup that came with the pump!

The Simple Wishes does run large, though. I'm a 42D and based on their size chart I was right on the lower end of the L/XL size but there's way more room for it to be bigger. It was almost too big for me, to be honest.
    Katie - mom to Lily, 8/5/2010