Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Does this mean a second chance???

Default Does this mean a second chance???

Supply dried up at 7 months, DD is almost 9 months and I randomly started leaking colostrum? I know I need to take a test to make sure I am not pregnant, but if I am not pregnant, does this mean I could end up with at least a partial supply? I am afraid to put DD to the breast or pump just in case I am pregnant, I would be high risk, but I am afraid of losing my chance if I have it. I have mixed feelings about this. I am excited and scared. AHHH! I dunno what to do. Anyone else have this happen without being pregnant?
    I'm Heather, wife to Ben, mother to our miracle baby Olivia Paige and 7 angel babies.

Olivia Paige- 12-19-09 via emergency c section 9lbs 6oz 21in long.

We made it 7 months with lots of struggles. Wish it was longer, but still proud of myself.

I wearing my baby, cloth diapering and making her baby food.

Default Re: Does this mean a second chance???

Are you sure it's colostrum? It could still be milk- the stuff that's produced after weaning can look a bit more creamy/greasy, kind of like colostrum. (I think it's called inversion milk or something?)

POAS and get busy with the pump if the stick says you're not pg! It's never too late to produce milk- though how much you can expect to produce is another matter. You could get a full supply, or you could get just a bit- it depends on your body and how you respond to pumping.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Does this mean a second chance???

Its a clear, yellow color and kind of sticky. Who knows. Gotta buy a test and then I will know. Sadly, I keep forgetting. LOL!
    I'm Heather, wife to Ben, mother to our miracle baby Olivia Paige and 7 angel babies.

Olivia Paige- 12-19-09 via emergency c section 9lbs 6oz 21in long.

We made it 7 months with lots of struggles. Wish it was longer, but still proud of myself.

I wearing my baby, cloth diapering and making her baby food.