Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When did your period return?

Default Re: When did your period return?

wow, I got mine at 5 weeks, then a few months later, then a few months after that. It came back monthly like clockwork when she turned a year, and she is a round the clock nurser...still at 17 months she nurses all night and throughout the day. Go figure!
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

21 months.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Almost 18 months and no AF yet. Not complaining!!
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*3boysmomma View Post
    6 months, 9 months and 10.5 months. I'm not as lucky as the rest of you.
    We nurse around the clock too and it still came back with both ds2 and ds3. ds1 it was because we weaned at 6 mths. (long story and i regret it completely )
    Michelle

Wife to Donnie , my best friend
    Mom to Trenton 1/9/97, Dillan 11/22/01, Ashton 6/19/09

All boys, weaned at 15 months, at home with Ashton

Still not back at 15.5 months and I am loving it. I'll probably cry when it comes!

my name is Sarah mother to
    Alana 12/31/98
    Conner 5/30/09

Breastfeeding 3 years and counting!

Potty trained at 2 but kind of miss those cute CD's!

"Of all the rights of women, the greastest is to be a mother." Lin Yutang

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sarahak View Post
    Still not back at 15.5 months and I am loving it. I'll probably cry when it comes!
    I didn't cry when it came, but I was inexplicably crying a ton a few days before over silly little things!

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

still not back at 16mos
    Sonya

DD 15/05/09

its been almost 20 months no AF!!! But we definitely practice the ecological breastfeeding no more than 4 hours during the day and no more than 6 at night (though I think he goes longer than that some nights).

I was wondering, how can you tell when your body is gearing up to ovulate again? a couple weeks ago I had left ovary pain for a few days and thought I might be ovulating, but I didn't get my period. I think if he starts sleeping longer at night it will probably return by 2 yrs old.
    Josiah born at home 1/26/2009, 50 months and counting , and Adlai born 6/26/12

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*janelle525 View Post
    its been almost 20 months no AF!!! But we definitely practice the ecological breastfeeding no more than 4 hours during the day and no more than 6 at night (though I think he goes longer than that some nights).

I was wondering, how can you tell when your body is gearing up to ovulate again? a couple weeks ago I had left ovary pain for a few days and thought I might be ovulating, but I didn't get my period. I think if he starts sleeping longer at night it will probably return by 2 yrs old.
    the ovary pain is always how i clock my cycles! i get pretty sharp pain 14 days in every time. That might be a good indication your ovaries are thinking about it again I know my friend had the pain 15 months after her baby was born and didn't start to bleed for another month after that...
    Julia and Maxwell (and Dan and Haddie)
    Maxwell, born January 3, 2010
    A year on Mama's milk and still loving it

At 19 months. It was 2 months after I stopped pumping at work (I work full time, gone about 10-11 hours 4 days a week). He was still nursing at night when it came back. I went back to exactly the same cycles as pre-baby.

I wish it had stayed away longer because now I get a lot of nipple soreness and I'm very irritated with nursing about 4-5 days around ovulation.
    DS 11/25/2008 until 27 months

Now DD born 2/13/2012