Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: hand foot mouth disease

Default hand foot mouth disease

I'm pretty sure I have hand foot mouth, very mild adult case. I'm almost certain I can keep breastfeeding. Any thoughts/experience with this? Strangely, my 13m daughter does not have it, and hopefully won't get it.

Default Re: hand foot mouth disease

Not sure but my oldest dd got this when she was 18 months old. While on vacation at that!
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel

I nursed while I had this - in fact, my baby was a newborn and the dr/nurses weren't concerned about it at all. I think it helped her NOT to get it b/c she was exposed to it through my milk, something like that ??? ??? If you are really concerned you can check with your ped. to be sure. If your lo does get it, expect that it will hurt her VERY MUCH to nurse - the sores they get in their mouths hurt a lot - worse than ours as adults. Anyway, hopefully, she won't get it and you'll recover very soon!

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

Both my boys had this a few months back, and it was EXTREMELY mild. So you always have hope that it won't be bad! In fact, I didn't even know that's what it was until DH went to the doctor for spots on his hands and feet, and then they all had the same symptoms of the illness after the fact (just blistery type skin on their hands and feet, which wasn't painful at all).
    Ask the ped if you're concerned, but I'm sure your lo wil be just fine.
    Mommy to L - May 7, 07' , B - February 7, 09' , and R - August 18, 12'

Definitely keep nursing so that she'll get your antibodies. Both my girls got it a couple months ago. Not fun. I'm sorry mama

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09