Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Night wakings and more!

Default Night wakings and more!

So... we made it a year! The year has been so much fun and such an excitement! But... for the last three weeks, LO is waking up 3-4 times a night to nurse! I am so tired. Its like at the beginning, except I work full time now! Any thoughts? When will this phase be over? What can I do to help LO sleep through the night or at least longer between nursings?

Second, last month AF came back or so I thought. It was light but.... here we are 5 weeks later and no signs of her visiting again. I am LATE! Is it possible that it can go away again?
    Mama to a baby and loving !

Default Re: Night wakings and more!

Could you be pregnant?

Do you think your baby is working on molars? Have you tried Motrin or Tylenol? My daughter started nursing a lot more at night when she was working on her molars and then again when her canines were coming in.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

it can take awhile for periods to be regular. I had one in June and nothing since and have not even ovulated yet.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

with PP the first cycle can be really off. My first cycle was 85 days. But I also would rule out the being PG.

About the frequent nursing. My lo did this too. They ramp up a bit sometimes right around a year. I think for us it was because of those pesky 1 year molars for sure. Those looked sooo painful and made it difficult for him to sleep until they were cut.

Good luck mama.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

I have no idea what to do to space out nursings, my 13 mo old nurses 4-6 times every night. I guess I just get used to falling asleep with her latched on.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

I remember it was around 1 year when DD's feedings started getting more and more frequent, until I was at the point I seriously considered just walking around the house topless, it was that crazy. Some days I thought I'd never get my butt off the couch, because the moment I stood up, she'd be signing for milk again. I think there are a lot of insecurities and anxieties at this age, plus those darn teeth, and they just need the comfort. Then if you throw in the fact that you're away from her during the day, she could possibly be making up for lost time by nursing frequently at night.

Hang in there. The madness does ease up a bit. Usually.

"Breastfeeding frequency for toddlers is usually pretty erratic and varies greatly from child to child. It's normal for toddlers to be interested in everything around them and, as a result, not as interested in breastfeeding. At other times, baby will be so focused on the big changes within herself (developmentally), that she will want to spend lots of time at the breast to reconnect with mom and adjust to all the new skills in her life. Some children breastfeed often ("like a newborn" is a frequent comment that you hear from the moms of 12-15 month olds), "

From this link:
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/bfextende...ernursing.html

My little guy did this too. I think it's totally normal and it WILL pass
    Try to take naps on the weekends.
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

my LO will be one this month and hasnt slept all night yet. she is up about ever 1 1/2 to 2 hours to nurse no matter what extra she eats during the day lol
    I serve an awsome God!!

Bailee 9y

JW 6y

Liberty 3y
    Ethaniel

Would ideas about how a different sleeping arrangement might help you get more sleep be helpful?
    DS 1/2006 9 lb. 2 oz. 22 in.
    DD 10/2008 8 lb, 2 oz. 20 in.