Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fenugreek and Alfalfa

Default Re: Fenugreek and Alfalfa

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Jenna562 View Post
    what about solids? Is he also eating any veggies or fruits?
    While at day care he eats four 4oz (stage 2) containers/jars of baby food. He does not eat that much for me on the weekends though. He might eat two containers/jars of baby food.

Mommy to
    Blake 12/06/91
    Tori 12/24/97
    Little angel 01/05/09 who is now in heaven
    Slater 12/27/09
    And now AGAIN!!!

Yes, I started all over

and until current LO was 9 1/2 months. Not ing at the moment due to pregnancy but will as soon as new LO gets here.

Default Re: Fenugreek and Alfalfa

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolies.mama View Post
    Is he teething? Maybe a growth spurt? It may be that he has gotten used to the faster flow of the bottles (cause let's face it, even a #2 is probably faster than the breast). Here's some more info from kellymom about other reasons baby might be fussy. Maybe one of them will jump out at you and then you can work at getting those issues addressed and get him back to the breast.

Oh, and the pump is nowhere near and indicator of your supply when breastfeeding. So if you are only pumping say 1oz, don't automatically assume that is all baby is getting at the breast. Our bodies can respond very poorly to the pump and it is not a good judge of production.
    Yes, he is teething, working on #8 in fact. Could be a growth spurt, Lord knows he needs it because every time we go to the doc for his check ups he tells me that my LO is in the lower percentile for his height. However, he says his weight is fine.

I realize that the pump is not an indicator of my supply but what I look at the most and what concerns me the most is what transpires when I try to nurse him. He is obviously not satisfied. After a few minutes I no longer hear swallowing and I can tell he is still hungry.

Mommy to
    Blake 12/06/91
    Tori 12/24/97
    Little angel 01/05/09 who is now in heaven
    Slater 12/27/09
    And now AGAIN!!!

Yes, I started all over

and until current LO was 9 1/2 months. Not ing at the moment due to pregnancy but will as soon as new LO gets here.