Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Medela SNS vs. Lact-Aid

Default Medela SNS vs. Lact-Aid

Any thoughts one these two supplementary nursing systems; Medela SNS and Lact-Aid? Does one work better than the other?

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Default Re: Medela SNS vs. Lact-Aid

I don't have any personal experience, but word on the street is that a lot of moms prefer the Lact-Aid.

Anybody have experience with one or the other (or both)?
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

I'm told that the Lact-Aid is a much better system, and that the SNS tubing needs replacing fairly often as it is prone to breakage. I'd happily get myself a Lact-Aid for my DD but unfortunately they don't sell it in the UK and postage would be around $50, almost double what I found the actual Lact-Aid for! Ah well.

Go with the Lact-Aid if you can. I've also done a load of research into the two systems and most mothers swear by it over the SNS.

Good luck!

Jarred - 12/June/2007 - BF for 3 months - stopped due to medical reasons
    Lilly - 4/May/2010 BF for 8 months - On strike between 1/1/2011 - 29/3/2011 - That's 12 Weeks and 3 days!! It is FINALLY over!
    Together we battle with Cows milk, nuts and soya allergies, but we're making it!
    We , , and too, but we're having problems..
    EPING for 3 months and counting!!

One consideration with the Lactaid is that you have to replace the disposable bags. 50 bags is only a week's supply for a baby nursing 7 times per day. And the Lact-Aid is only sold by the manufacturer as far as I know...