Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: baby led....in detail??

Default baby led....in detail??

thanks to djs mom who went into such depth in the 'solids, what where how' thread. to anyone going with the baby led approach to feeding solids, im looking for a similar run down on your specific experiences. what foods have you tried? how often? how did you prepare them (cook as well as cut)?? has anyone mixed this up with spoon feeding as well??

i am soooo interested in trying this, but i cant get dad to give up on the traditional rice cereal mush.....

something i dont get....if you cook food to say the consistancy of an avacado, or just giving a piece of avacado for that matter.....i know that austins gums are strong enough to essentially bite a piece off.....or, would he not do that untill after experimenting some?? i know when i let him get his mouth on a piece of toast with butter once it was the only thing ever that he didnt actually bite down on! thanks for anyones input!
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~

Default Re: baby led....in detail??

Guidelines for Implemeting baby led ......
    Awesome website with GREAT pics!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

thanks, i had checked that out.....since its really one of the only sources though, im hoping for another post like djs mom did with specifics from their personal experiences
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~

Quote Originally Posted by Blessedbee View Post
    thanks, i had checked that out.....since its really one of the only sources though, im hoping for another post like djs mom did with specifics from their personal experiences
    I have LOTS to share ... so as soon as I have two hands to type (I'm nursing right now!) I'll come back and post!

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

I don't know if this is neccessarily baby led, but I bought one of those mesh feeders. Now I'm trying to figure out what to put in it?

Quote Originally Posted by paint-the-moon View Post
    I have LOTS to share ... so as soon as I have two hands to type (I'm nursing right now!) I'll come back and post!
    I look forward to hearing how you approached the baby led approach.
    Mommy to three amazing little ones...Noah {4/12/06}, Leah {3/21/08}, and Isaac {6/18/10}. Loving every moment!

Gotcha, I will try and write tonight from home!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

cool! i cant wait to hear what you guys have to say! i asked the dr today about it at austins 6 month checkup....she highly recomm ended that if i were to try it to first take an infant cpr course......

i have dad convinced that he shouldnt start eating today just because its his 6 month birthday.....mostly because he got his shots today .....and id rather start at breakfast than at dinner in case of a reaction.... so the 'deadline' has been pushed up and hopefully ill get some more ammo from you all!

cool! i cant wait to hear what you guys have to say! i asked the dr today about it at austins 6 month checkup....she highly recomm ended that if i were to try it to first take an infant cpr course......

i have dad convinced that he shouldnt start eating today just because its his 6 month birthday.....mostly because he got his shots today .....and id rather start at breakfast than at dinner in case of a reaction.... so the 'deadline' has been pushed up and hopefully ill get some more ammo from you all!
    I have to say, I am also waiting with bated breath! My daughter is 6 months old now too, although I am waiting for her adjusted 6 month age to even think about it, but I have started my research and can't wait to here how the mommas here have done it. Hurry up everyone!!

I just started baby-led solids with my DS who is 6 months. I found djsmom and paint-the-moon's posts to be very helpful in getting started. I was a little unsure about offering big pieces of food to my DS but so far the experience has been so much fun! His first solid was a banana and I just cut it in a piece big enough for him to be able to grab and hold onto, as well as get some into his mouth. He LOVED it. The pieces that he got into his mouth that were too big he just pushed out. It's all about exploration at this point anyway is what I've realized. He loved mushing it up and sucking on it! We've also introduced avocado and I gave him a big chunk to hold onto. He wasn't so sure about the avocado but kept trying it! I think it was djsmom who said to trust your baby in terms of being able to push food back out and they have a gag reflux for a reason so not to get to worried. Here are some photos. Hope this is helpful. I'm still learning!!