Actually, I'm not a first time mommy, but that's a whole nother (very sad) story...
A bit of info you may need first; my DD will be 13 weeks and 5 days when I have to return to work. Right now, she is 11 and a half weeks and 10 pounds. I have a Medela Pump in Style Advance breast pump. I will be working three 8 hour days and one 6 hour day. My Mother-in-law will watch her 2x a week at my place, my best friend will watch her 1-2 x per week (depending on my sched) at her house, and my husband will watch her when I have to work on the weekends. I have a few questions...
1. How much milk should I store up for the first day back to work? (8hrs + commute, maybe that makes 9-9.5hr day then)
2. How do I store up milk for the first day when I am nursing her?
3. Do I have to pump at work as often as I would nurse her at home? That would be every 1.5 - 2 hours!
4. If I pumped only 2-3 times the whole shift at work, would my supply decrease?
5. Does anyonoe know the law/rules in Minnesota for pumping mothers returning to work?
I don't want to do this... It makes me sad to leave her.
Thanks for your help!