Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Reflections of a tiny baby

Default Reflections of a tiny baby

Some of you know recently I've been struggling with my bfing situation; little support at work, hate the pump, worried my DS is ready to wean anyway. It's been very upsetting, to say the least!!
    Last Saturday I'm thrilled to say we celebrated Samuel's first birthday!! (I wanted to post before now, but DH has been HOGGING the computer )
    Not only did we make it to a year, but what I feared was weaning has turned out to be a strike I guess, 'cause now he's going strong as ever. Of course, some days he isn't as interested as others depending on how busy he gets. You know how that goes ; but for the most part, we are enjoying a very sweet bfing relationship. I'm getting more flack than ever from friends and coworkers now that he's one, but I don't care 'cause I get to post on "extended breastfeeding" and not "weaning" which means the world to me right now. I see why it's even sweeter not that he's one, Kelly Ann; I get to gaze into that beautiful face and see the wonderful person he's becoming through a reflection of the tiny baby he once was. There's nothing better than this in the whole world.
    Thanks for your continued support ladies! Yippee, we made it to a year!!!

Default Re: Reflections of a tiny baby

Congratulations to you and Samuel! Way to go!!!

That's great news You've certainly made a very important milestone!! Go Samuel

That's GREAT!! It is a lot more difficult trying to explain to others that just because they're one doesn't mean they need to wean!! SHEW, but at least we have each other's backs right!! WTG on your continued efforts and everything working out. I too thought Kaytlynn was going through a weaning time but then again she's back at nursing good for me. She also has her days where she's not very interested in nursing,but she doesn't eat solids great then either, which goes to show, she's just too busy to stop and eat!! GOOD JOB momma!!

Congratulations! Enjoy life with a nursing toddler!

That's so great! I think I know exactly how you feel and agree that it only gets sweeter with time.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

My Thomas was so tiny and still is small for his age There is an undeniable feeling, not of pride but of joy that I am still nursing Thomas. There were several occasions when people would comment that Formula was right around the corner, Failure to thrive, he needs more fat for his brain growth etc.... I am so thankful that I stuck with it, breastfeeding a 17 month old means more to both of us now then it ever has before. Breastfeeding is truly so much more than food... The bond that it has created between my son and myself is so intense that words can not even properly describe it. Congrats from one mom of a tiny baby to another