Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost done, just one last nudge. Any suggestions?

Default Almost done, just one last nudge. Any suggestions?

Hello ladies! It's been a while.

So I think we are about done nursing. We are both excited about it! DS does not nurse during the day anymore, and he is starting to wean from needing to nurse down for the night. The only problem, is that we can go all day without nursing, put him to bed which is great, but....

he always wakes up between 4-5 in the morning, and the only way I can get him back to sleep is by nursing. It's because he has had *just enough* sleep to where if I don't nurse him, he gets maaaad and gets upset and wakes himself all the way up. But it's 4 in the morning, and I don't know about you, but I don't function that early. So obviously I groggily take him to our room and nurse him back to sleep. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem, aside from sucking it up and just getting up for the day at 4? (Please no...)
    Married to the love of my life of 10 years, and mommy of two amazing boys who completely have my heart.

Default Re: Almost done, just one last nudge. Any suggestions?

Why not just nurse him? He wont nurse at 4am forever

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*juno View Post
    Why not just nurse him? He wont nurse at 4am forever
    it doesn't sound like he is quite ready to let go completely yet.

Mainly the problem is that I got diagnosed with strep throat yesterday. Never had it in my life. So I am on antibiotics but I don't think I can nurse while taking them. Sooooo looks like I'm just gonna have to get up at 4
    Married to the love of my life of 10 years, and mommy of two amazing boys who completely have my heart.

Most antibiotics are fine with nursing. What kind is it? Someone here may be able to look it up for you.

Or you may be able to find it on this list. If it's not there, it doesn't necessarily mean it's not safe though.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    Most antibiotics are fine with nursing. What kind is it? Someone here may be able to look it up for you.

Or you may be able to find it on this list. If it's not there, it doesn't necessarily mean it's not safe though.

Thank you for the list, that was really nice of you to find for me. Unfortunately the medicine I'm taking was not on the list. It's called Levaquin. http://antibiotics.emedtv.com/levaqu...stfeeding.html that is what I found on it. Opinions?

I, personally would still nurse. It isn't his main source of nutrition anymore. He is only nursing once at night, right? How long is he actually nursing and getting milk?

yup I would nurse too... He's getting very little milk if your almost weaned him

Try to nurse him to sleep and maybe he will sleep all night.

Sarah still gets up most nights about that time and crawls in bed with me and she is 7
    so weaning is no garentee that they will sleep all night..

My mom was telling me she got in bed with her about that time last night.
    cause she spent the night at her house.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_drug-saf...eeding_8790.bc

It is listed as "probably safe in usual doses"

I would also continue that 4 a.m. feeding unless you are actually ready to be dine nursing. And if you are, then go for it. You won't be waking up at 4 a.m. forever. Probably just for a transition time.
    Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012