Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Okay, weird

Default Okay, weird

I was nursing DD (13 mos) in her room before bed and DH came in to say goodnight to her. She had only been nursing for a minute or two and as soon as he came in she didn't want me anymore! She cried for him so he rocked her to sleep and I went downstairs. This is her first time not being nursed right before bed. I'm ...insulted? ...sad? ...surprised.
    I'm Beth-
    Mama to L (7/14/09) and B (6/27/11).

Default Re: Okay, weird

Awww........the growing up/changing process can be so bittersweet....
    Mama to Lorenzo, born 4/25/2007. NICU graduate, Gastro-Esohapgeal Reflux, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Sensory Processing Disorder...alive and thriving thanks to breastfeeding and co-sleeping.

Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
    Chinese Proverb

Aw, she probably just needed daddy for some reason.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

OMG I had a similar choosing daddy over me experience yesterday! I was trying to get my 5yo DS to come to the store with me, but he said no...DH was holding DD, so I said, fine I wil take Miranda with me, and took her from DH. WELL, she protested, and twisted away from me and reached for DH. OMG!!! She ALWAYS chooses me over anyone, including DH. well, DS came with me and DD stayed with DH.

I can relate to your feelings, but then I figured DH must have felt GREAT casue she is always crying for me when with him, so it must have been nice for him to have been chosen!
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*emc909 View Post
    I was nursing DD (13 mos) in her room before bed and DH came in to say goodnight to her. She had only been nursing for a minute or two and as soon as he came in she didn't want me anymore! She cried for him so he rocked her to sleep and I went downstairs. This is her first time not being nursed right before bed. I'm ...insulted? ...sad? ...surprised.
    If your DH is at work all day this could be why she wanted him so much. Our DS has started doing this. When DH is around he's all about daddy. I agree it probably made your DH a little giddy.
    I am Lea (middle name)
    Mama to Dominic born on 3/23/09
    Wife to G 4/27/07
    We're blessed to have been for 3 years and counting! Proud to with our squirmy worm

"My home is not a place, it is people."
    -Lois McMaster Bujold

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*dara View Post
    OMG I had a similar choosing daddy over me experience yesterday! I was trying to get my 5yo DS to come to the store with me, but he said no...DH was holding DD, so I said, fine I wil take Miranda with me, and took her from DH. WELL, she protested, and twisted away from me and reached for DH. OMG!!! She ALWAYS chooses me over anyone, including DH. well, DS came with me and DD stayed with DH.

I can relate to your feelings, but then I figured DH must have felt GREAT casue she is always crying for me when with him, so it must have been nice for him to have been chosen!
    ha! if both kids wanted to stay with Daddy while I went to the store I'd be think "awesome, see you soon"...I love going alone to the store
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

I had a hard time with this as well. Before I went back to work, I was the "go to person" for DD. Once I went back, when I was craving her and needed her, she preferred Daddy.

I logically knew that it made sense. Heck, all it meant was that DH and I had switched roles. He had said in the early days that he didn't feel close to DD because she was always with me. I explained it to him that once I went back to work, he'd be closer to her then. Sadly I was right.
    Mommy to our DD1 early bird (34 weeks, 2 days, 7lbs, 14oz)! Oct. 2nd, 2008 Emergency C-Section, Frank Breech, HEALTHY Girl!
    Weaned @ 17 months
    Our DD2 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 12oz) Aug. 10th, 2010 Our Successful VBAC, growing like a bad weed!
    Weaned @ 15 months
    Our DD3 early bird (37 weeks, 3 days, 7lbs, 6oz) Feb. 16th, 2012 Our 2nd VBAC and lightening speedy birth!

Loving being a Mom of 3, 40 months apart!!
    and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jeannie.bean View Post
    Aw, she probably just needed daddy for some reason.

My sweet DD2 would nurse at night and then want daddy to put her to bed... but in the morning she always wanted to nurse and cuddle with me..
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*momtodom09 View Post
    If your DH is at work all day this could be why she wanted him so much.
    Well, DH works from home... so...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*momtodom09 View Post
    Our DS has started doing this. When DH is around he's all about daddy. I agree it probably made your DH a little giddy.
    I don't think it's going to become an every night thing. So, one time isn't the end of the world. DH did come downstairs with his chest a little more puffed Daddy loves to feel needed by his girl.
    I'm Beth-
    Mama to L (7/14/09) and B (6/27/11).

yeah it's hard especially after being used to being the # 1 person all the time. Now my 13 mo old heard daddy today and said "dada?" and wanted him not me, she also goes to sleep well when he pats her and walks her up and down the hallway.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.