Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I didn't give up :-)

Default I didn't give up :-)

Last week I posted a thread about giving up. I was having milk supply issues and was crushed! I am happy to report that all my hard work has paid off. I am no longer having issues. I feel my milk let down each time. I am getting 5-9oz. total each pumping session and I am able to start making enough to build back up my freezer supply. I couldn't be happier. Knowing that my body is doing what it needs to do has taken my stress away so I know that is helping. I am eating oatmeal every morning for breakfast. I drink a ton of water. I am pumping before bed. My son has been waking up once or twice a night again so I don't need to pump then. Things are back to normal. What a relief. He is 21 weeks old and I was dreading formula. We have given him a little bit of cereal a few times, but my plan is to BF as long as I can.

I was in such despair, but God pulled through. So for those of you out there who were as heartbroken as I was was about losing milk, keep the faith and stick with it. All the hard work will pay off. It took about 10 days of struggling for me to get back to this point.

Default Re: I didn't give up :-)

Atta girl!!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Congratulations! It's so good to hear success stories and I think it is important for new moms to know that although the road can be rocky, it is possible to get through it. The best things in life are worth working for. Thanks for sharing!

That's awesome!! Yeah God!! He can get us through some times can't He? Good for you, I'm glad to hear you sound so happy.

I am just thrilled. I know BF is the best thing for my son. It is very important to me that I do everything I can to raise him healthy , happy and incredibly loved.

Thanks for your kind words. I hope I have inspired someone to not give up either.

I am so happy that things worked out for you.
    I am trying to increase my supply now, so it gives me hope.

Congratulations! Yes, God can bring us thr/ many difficult situations. my milk supply seems to be on the low side too. I have just started eating oatmeal, but pumping is terribly difficult for me. Thank you for the encouragement.
    Peace

Mommy to a busy toddler

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain that which he cannot lose."
    Jim Elliot