Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I think we are done...

Default I think we are done...

C has been cutting back on his nursing for quite some time, so I knew that this day would be here eventually. He hasn't nursed in ten days. Part of me is very happy that he has reached this point on his own and that it was entirely his decision, but the other part of me is sad that he doesn't want to any more. I am, however, very proud that we made it this far...a little over two years! Anyways...I just wanted to share because you guys are the only people who know what it's like to be at this point.
    Penthouse

Mama to
    DS1 (9 years old...nursed for 7 months - how I wish this forum had been around back then!)
    DS2 (after nursing for a tad over two years, I *think* we are done )

Default Re: I think we are done...

awwww..... it's been 8 days for us I've been tempted to remind and offer Silas the past few nights just because i miss it I don't think he's done though I just think it hasn't occured to him because we switched up the routine at least I hope
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Teal

25 May 96 and 14 January 08 and 27 February 2012

I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

and for two years!
    Mama to Lorenzo, born 4/25/2007. NICU graduate, Gastro-Esohapgeal Reflux, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Sensory Processing Disorder...alive and thriving thanks to breastfeeding and co-sleeping.

Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
    Chinese Proverb

Aw. That's the best kind of weaning, but it's still sad to have that part of your relationship done.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--