Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Taking baby to work

Default Taking baby to work

I will go back to work next week after 6 weeks and my boss is allowing me to bring DS. I saw one post on taking baby to work. Does anyone else do it and do you have any suggestions on how to and stay sane? I am very nervous about returning to work. Didn't have to with my first child for 3 yrs.

Default Re: Taking baby to work

The arrangement is for as long as I need it. I don't have a private office. I pretty much do a little of everything. It is a husband and wife owned Internet Cafe/Collection Agency. Only 5 employees. I just worry about getting my work done and not falling behind. Collections has a deadline on everything. Lack of sleep seems to be a problem too. Just generally stressing about the whole thing.

I take my baby to work with me. She is almost 3 months old. I have to be honest, it is very difficult sometimes. Somedays I think I can't do it anymore. My daughter doesn't nap much so she needs a lot of attention. I worry about when she is mobile...I don't know if I will be able to keep her with me once she is crawling. However, I am sure the benefits of having her here makes it worth it. Here are a few suggestions/ideas/ponderings....

Have supportive coworkers who will take baby for a few if you have an important phone call to make or meeting to attend.

Maybe hire someone to come a few hours a week to watch baby (if you can) so that you can really cram in a lot of work that you weren't able to get to while tending to baby.

Be prepared to do some work at home (depending on the job you have).

You must have a tolerant atmosphere or it will get stressful.

Good luck!

I take my 5-1/2 mo old (first child) to work with me full time. I work at a weekly newspaper where we have dealines every week and sometime twice a week depending on what special publication we are publishing. My office is in the Production room where I have 4 other co-workers. I have a playpen, bouncer and swing that she can play with or on. I cannot let her disrupt my co-workers by letting her whine or cry. When she does fuss I can take her downstairs to the storage room so she does not bother anyone. But then I cannot get my work done. She has also started not napping like she used to because of the noise (people talking, customers and co-workers). So then she gets really cranky!! I have not found a way for her to nap consistently with the noise level.

I took her back to work with me when she was 3 mo old. It worked well for a while but now she has become spoiled because when she fusses I pick her up so I can get my work done. And now she grabbes everything on my desk, keyboard, ads I am trying to build, phone cord, anything!

So now I have my mother watching her on my crucial deadline days (Monday and Tuesday) so I can get through deadline without going crazy.

But my main problem is trying to get her to nap regularly with the office noise. Any suggestions?

I also take my 5 1/2 month old with me to work. For naps, he sleeps in a pack and play in a room slightly away from where everyone works (it has no door though). I use a rain noise CD when he sleeps to block out the sound of the office. It seems to cancel out the noise well and he is able to nap well at work bc of it. It is only a problem when there are meetings right off of his room, but that is not that often.

Can your LO sleep in the storage room with a monitor? It may sound a little funny, but may help with the noise issue.