Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My darling daughter has weaned

Default Re: My darling daughter has weaned

3 years of nursing, what a wonderful journey that must have been.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenna562 View Post
    if this is really the end it sounds like it was exactly right for both of you.
    It's a big IF. DJ has a had a few "relapses" since what I consider to be the end. The end being where he chose to walk away. Be flexible. And also....she may still want your breasts. Even if she doesn't choose to suck them. (Bet that sounds weird.) But if she is done, how great! It does seem that when they are actually ready, there are no tears. Just a walking away.

Way too lazy for formula

Thanks for the kindness...such an awkward phase in my life. Just before I started nursing Norah, there was only a small break from nursing Kate for almost a year and a half...So in nearly five years, the boobs are free.

I won't pretend that she will never nurse again, b/c there are many things that would allow that to happen.

It's like I wrote in her journal letter, "while I am closing the door on this part of our lives, I'm leaving it cracked...just in case".
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mumma2thumper View Post
    3 years of nursing, with a mutual time for weaning, what is there to be guilty about. You did wonderful, and she was ready. Couldn't get any better.
    Way to go mama!! 3 years is AWESOME!!
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Congrats on making it 3 years mama!
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

That's a good weaning. She was ready.

My son nursed a few times after he was basically weaned, but it was quickly clear his heart wasn't in it. He'd just nurse a few seconds and then lose interest. The last time he couldn't even figure out how to do it.

They really do outgrow it.
    Karen
    Forums Admin

Find an LLL Leader or Meeting | Get one-on-one help from a Leader online | Become a Member of LLLI

Feel like you need professional help? ¿Es usted necesita ayuda profesional? --> Find an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) <--

Great, wonderful warm story. Some children do return for a few tries while others who have made the choice "almost" on their own do just fine. You have given your daughter the best start her little heart and body could have asked for for three years. You are an inspiration to many who frequent this forum. Congratulations.
    Alene
    LLL Leader

I felt like when my DD weaned at 23 mo. it was too easy, also. She asked for milk 2 or 3 times after she'd weaned, but I just easily distracted her - it was at bedtime and she just wanted to get out of her crib. LOL. Anyway, I think it is sweet when it is so easy, because they are really ready and you don't have to push them or take away something that they really want because they are really done! Congratulations!

I'm Erica

Mommy to "C" - currently 3 and half years old
    - nursed for one year

and mommy to "M" - currently 2 years old
    - nursed for 23 months

Wife to my handsome DH for 5 and a half years!

Thank you all!

I NEVER would have made it here without this forum! The support has been amazing. The friendships I've made...amazing. As a matter of fact one of the friends I made on this forum is sleeping in my guest bedroom as I write.

I will remain grateful for what I received here always. Thanks again.
    Last edited by @llli*nolamomma; August 12th, 2010 at 09:32 PM.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Congrats on reaching this point in your journey, it's sounds like it was come to with gentleness and love.

Tell Lisa hello for me.
    Last edited by @llli*LLL.Jess; August 12th, 2010 at 11:29 PM.
    Jess
    LLL Leader