Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing holiday?

Default Nursing holiday?

Curious about other momma's experiences. DD is about to be 13 months. We've had a bunch of stress in the past month. It seemed like our nursing was slowing down a bit, until today. She has nursed ALL DAY LONG. She hasn't nursed this much since she was a newborn. She ate some solids and was interested, but seems to just NEED momma today. I know she's teething, working on walking, and trying to tell me about the whole world, so major milestones are here.
    So, you 1yr + nursing moms, do they do this from time to time? Not complaining, SO glad I can still comfort her like this, just wondering.
    Proud Mom of Guinevere Rose 7/11/09.
    We are loving this whole new world!

Default Re: Nursing holiday?

Oh yes...I think sometimes he nurses out of boredom too.
    Michelle

Wife to Donnie , my best friend
    Mom to Trenton 1/9/97, Dillan 11/22/01, Ashton 6/19/09

All boys, weaned at 15 months, at home with Ashton

yes, we have days where DD wants to do nothing but nurse. Totally normal in my opinion!
    Mommy of 4,
    3 who I watch over, 1 who watches over all of us

J- 8/20/05 pumped breastmilk for 11 months due to his cleft lip and palate!

M- 10/17/07 my precious baby lives forever in her mommys heart

M- 3/31/09 my special gift, she helps heal her mommy and daddys heart. Nursed for 4 years and 10 days, self weaned the day her baby brother was born!

E-, new little miracle born 4/11/13, my BIG baby! Born 8.6 at 38 weeks. At 9 weeks nearly 17lbs, at 12 weeks nearly 20lbs, at 6 months nearly 23lbs, at 8 months nearly 25lbs and all from BREASTMILK

Especially at your LO's age. Around 13-15 months many babies can have a streak where they nurse like newborns again. Mine did. But it passes just like every other phase. It's normal though.
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

And the tooth breaks through!
    Thanks for the input ladies.
    Proud Mom of Guinevere Rose 7/11/09.
    We are loving this whole new world!