Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: silly question...

Default silly question...

I was discussing breastfeeding with my MIL and she asked me if i fed my DD on one breast or both (which is both though DD does favour my left breast) upon answering the question she then promptly said 'well you must feed on both breasts or when you wean her you will be left with one boob bigger than the other and ppl will be able to tell!'...

Default Re: silly question...

I think most adult women have one that is bigger even if they never nurse... the prefectly round perky ones are plastic

I totally disagree with you MIL. When you start to wean both breast will have just a slight difference in size like they always have. If your nursing one side more than the other side if you will notice the one you nurse on more will be noticably bigger. Hope that helps.

Maybe... but I dont think that anyone will really notice besides you and dh. Your beautiful dd is definately worth the price! Besides... by the time we're all old and gray most of us will have them down to our hips any way (except me--I started off small so maybe they'll only be down to my belly button hehehehe-- my revenge on all you blessed with an ample bossom!)
    Kristie L.
    LLL Leader
    (the poster formerly known as fezzik812)
    Wife to Brett, Mommy to Seamus (5.1.05), and Emelie (1.18.08)
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Ghandi

This one always cracks me up! It is a common myth that BF makes for saggy breasts. Age, skin elasticity, heredity (yes, we can blame our genes!) and pregnancy (breast grow big in preparation for BF whether we do it or not) cause breasts to sag-along with gravity!

Anecdotal, but my mom had 6 children and did not BF any of us. Her breasts are very saggy. As are my MIL, 2 children no BF. My sister, 3 children all BF into toddlerhood and hers are still very perky. I have seen saggy breasts on women who have never given birth. Etc., etc., etc.

You get the picture! You will be fine! And any way, padded bras cover a lot these days!

Kate-- come to think of it, you make good sense! My mom was a LLL leader, so needless to say there was a lot of BF with all three of us kids. She's 53 now and has a great rack (hahahaha)- but she does do a lot of yoga and weight training in the pectoral area, which I think definately helps. Thanks for the nice reminder! Maybe I'll be blessed with Mom's genetics!
    Kristie L.
    LLL Leader
    (the poster formerly known as fezzik812)
    Wife to Brett, Mommy to Seamus (5.1.05), and Emelie (1.18.08)
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world."- Ghandi