Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help Weaning Naptime Nurser

Default Help Weaning Naptime Nurser

Hi there I am new to the forum and would love some help. Sadly, I am going back to work in 3 weeks. My son will be 9 months old and will be transitioning from me to my husband to daycare in November. Currently he nurses to sleep during naps and at night. I am worried about leaving him in the day and about how he will deal with the transition. He only naps twice a day for between 15-30 minutes. Does anyone have any ideas about weaning at naptime. I will continue to breastfeed him in the morning and throughout the night. We are a co-sleeping family and do not want him to "cry-it-out". Thank you so much- Heartbroken Mama

Default Re: Help Weaning Naptime Nurser

Aw. Your DS and DH will figure it out!! I'm a full time working mama, and I nurse my baby to sleep for naps on weekends, and DH (who is a SAHD) bottle feeds him to sleep on weekdays. It isn't really a big deal - both methods work just fine. There might be a rough week when you first go back to work, but I think the best thing is just to let the new caretaker work out their own routines with the baby, you know?

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.

with PP. My little guy will only nurse to sleep for a nap with me but my sitters have no problem getting him to nap during the day when I'm not there. you LO will adjust to not having you there and won't be confused if you nurse him to sleep on the weekends. You will do fine.
    Jessica

Moma to DS1-the monkinroanie (3/09) and DS2-the sweet pumpkin (5/12)
    Strong Women- May we have the delight of knowing them, the courage to be them and the privilege of raising them.
    And yes I know my spelling terrible (is that spelled right? )

with PPs I never stopped nap nursing. DD was with my MIL for 2 days a week at my house. I would come home at lunch and nurse her down. MIL could never get her to sleep My mom had her 2 days too. I would go there and nurse at lunch but she wouldn't fall asleep because it was too busy there. My mom could get her to sleep by swaddling and rocking her. It might help if DH was in the bed for a little while
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Thank you for your advice ladies. I was so anxious about leaving my DS and was wondering how he would be w/out me nursing him to sleep. Well of course he's falling asleep with no problems and Daddy is loving his parental leave. So on to the world of pumping at work. We are still nursing through the night and on weekends.

YAY!! So glad to hear it! The last thing you need when you're going back to work is more worries about your baby. So glad it worked out with papa.

You can call me JoMo!

Mom to baby boy Joe, born 5/4/09 and breastfed for more than two and a half years, and baby girl Maggie, born 7/9/12.