Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TriViSol drops

Default Re: TriViSol drops

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*starfish54 View Post
    If our little one starts hating it, I will try Carson, but we already bought this bottle and would prefer if he can finish it. After this one I will take your suggestion, although I am not sure why there is such a huge difference in dosage & cost!
    I think the difference in dosage & cost is because there are additional vitamins in the poly-vi-sol and tri-vi-sol. I was curious about this myself, so I did a bit of googling, in case anyone was interested to know what is in the vitamin supplements...it appears they all have the same amount of vitamin D per dose... I guess it depends on whether or not you want your baby to have the additional vitamins present in the poly-vi-sol/tri-vi-sol as to which one you choose.

Poly-Vi-Sol
    Vitamin A 1500 IU
    Vitamin C 35 mg
    Vitamin D 400 IU
    Vitamin E 5 IU
    Thiamin (B1) 0.5 mg
    Riboflavin (B2) 0.6 mg
    Niacin (B3) 8 mg
    Vitamin B6 0.4 mg
    Iron 10 mg

Tri-Vi-Sol
    Vitamin A 1500 IU
    Vitamin C 35 mg
    Vitamin D 400 IU

Carlson Baby D Drops
    Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 400 IU
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Default Re: TriViSol drops

Hello Everyone,
    Just wanted to drop a line with an update. After 2 or 3 doses of Tri-Vi-Sol my 3 week old had a case of constipation and dropped a few pebbles and was crying whenever he tried to have bowel movement. I am not %100 sure if tvs did it, but it just happened the day after. He had some hardened stool left over but finally he is back to normal now. We are feeding him breasmilk during day time, and only 3 times of 3oz Enfamil at night, this has been same since he was born.

Again, I cannot blame it on the supplement but I (dad) have the same problem whenever I take one-a-day or centrum, so my little baby might have taken after me. Anyway, we are not supplementing now with vitamins now, mommy is continuing her pre-natals+DHA.