Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Makes me laugh!

Default Makes me laugh!

So my almost 1-year-old DD has decided that the num-num's are self serve! She has almost completely stopped signing "milk" and just booby dives when she wants to breastfeed! She tugs at my neckline or tries to lift my shirt and just gets so annoyed if I don't immediately fix it! I honestly, truly don't mind and will always let her breastfeed if I can, I just think it's adorable. I try to get her to "use her words" (sign), and I'm very gentle with reminding her that she does know how to ask nicely, but at the same time I'm chuckling or laughing out loud at how she is developing the ability to affect her environment and be so independent.

Just had to share. <3
    Kirsten, Full-Time Mother To:
    Veronica Nova
    8/9/2009

I am generally or or both
    I cloth diaper and nurse in public, proudly!

And with our ped's blessing, I'm raising a vegetarian baby who is half my height at 1-year-old!

Default Re: Makes me laugh!

It's so cute to see how much they grow and appreciate BF

I always get all because I remember when she was a little baby and I had to latch her on. Now she just helps herself.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

I think the funniest part is when we go to bed at night and I have to "endure" (gladly) the 10-60 minutes of "this side" no "that side" no "that side" no "I want to lay on your arm" no "I want to lay on your belly" no "I want to snuggle" no "I want to lay over there" no "I want to..." And she just wriggles like a squirmy kitten for up to an hour and I have to just adjust or lay still and wait until she goes from wriggling to dreaming with almost no noticeable transition.
    Veronica Nova
    8/9/2009

And with our ped's blessing, I'm raising a vegetarian baby who is half my height at 1-year-old!

When my dd is ready for bed she says "attack mommy". She likes to "attack" (latch on) while I'm getting up to turn the lights off. Then she nurses on one side for a couple minutes and then the top side she nurses half sitting up laying on me and that's where she falls asleep
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    When my dd is ready for bed she says "attack mommy". She likes to "attack" (latch on) while I'm getting up to turn the lights off. Then she nurses on one side for a couple minutes and then the top side she nurses half sitting up laying on me and that's where she falls asleep
    So cute!
    Veronica Nova
    8/9/2009

My DS attacks my shirt and he's only 6 months old, lol! He grabs at my boobs, or rubs his face in them ! I can only imagine what he does in 6 more months!
    I my LLL meetings and this forum! Without them I wouldn't have been able to deal with poor latch, mastitis, over supply or thrush. Make a goal and stick with it! After many hurdles, I my baby boy, born all naturally 01/23/2010.

Birth Weight: 7lbs 15ozs
    6 Weeks: 11lbs 2ozs
    9 Weeks: 14lbs 0oz
    12 Weeks: 15lbs 3ozs
    4 Months: 16lbs 10ozs
    5.5 Months: 19lbs 1oz
    6.5 Months: 20lbs 0oz

Every new stage is a delight, even as I mourn the ones that have passed.
    Veronica Nova
    8/9/2009

I used to think she side switching and ripping my shirt off was just the sweetest thing. Now at just about 20 months it's lol Enjoy it while its cute
    First time mom to Kalyna born December 14th 2008

Born: 7lbs 7oz
    Month 1: 8lbs
    Week 5: 8lbs 6oz
    Week 7: 9lbs 5oz
    Week 9: 10lbs 2.6oz
    Week 17: 14lbs 7oz

Nursing a 3.5 year old!
    Love , and