Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ouchie ouchie ouchie

Default ouchie ouchie ouchie

Lately, when my 18 month old ds latches on, my nipples hurt! At first I thought it was his latch, so I'd unlatch, and relatch, but that's not it. Then I thought it might be position, but it hurts in every single position we've tried...and there's been literally thousands....
    It's gotten to the point where I literally flinch when he's latched on or even asks me for his boobies...

And no, there's no way I could be pregnant....I hada tubal ligation immediatly after he was born....
    I'm Jerrie Ann....married to Rod (my wonderful Air Force man), and mother to Nora (Dec 30, 1994), Natasha (Feb 11, 1999), and Jack (Jan 12, 2009)....I'm the owner of Jack's Magic Milk Bags!!!

Default Re: ouchie ouchie ouchie

Are you getting your period??? I get that way around the time I ovulate.
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

It's not mastitis or thrush...I know what both of those feel like...and like I said, it's not pregnancy. I've changed positions many times....
    It could be ovulation, but I'm still not regular yet, and I'm having a hard time decyphering that.....
    I'm Jerrie Ann....married to Rod (my wonderful Air Force man), and mother to Nora (Dec 30, 1994), Natasha (Feb 11, 1999), and Jack (Jan 12, 2009)....I'm the owner of Jack's Magic Milk Bags!!!

I 2nd that.. sometimes around my period too I would start to get a crack or something that hurt like the dickens...!

that happened to me for weeks before i finally figured out i was pregnant...
    ~To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world~

is it all the time? or just when toddler nurses..
    is the skin broken at all?

have you changed soap?

Pretty much only when he is nursing....and I know I'm not pregnant...my hubby's deployed, and I had my tubes tied...so there's no possible way it's pregnancy...
    It's been this way since my last period (that was 3 weeks ago), but I'm so irregular that I'm never sure when I'll get my next one....in fact, since his birth, I've only had 4 periods....

And I am so sensitive, that a soap change causes hives, so I never change my brand of soap....

has he been eating more solids?

I found that sometimes the solids that they ate would bother my nipples?
    worth thinking about?

He's been eating the same amount of solids since he was 9 months old....