Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ugggggg

Default Ugggggg

My son is now 16 months and I have noticed my milk is slowly going away. I mean, he latches on, 5 min later he is having to go to the other cause the first is dry. I am so lost.
    BF DD1 1 month

BF DD2 2 months

BF DS 16 1/2 Months and counting

And to 3 who think I'm Supermom who is

Trying to lose baby weight

250***240****230****220****210****200****190****180*** *170****160****150!!!!!!

Default Re: Ugggggg

I'm sorry, that sucks!!
    Jen - mom to 3
    DD who I FF
    I survived 10 painful mastitis infections and managed to nurse DS1 till he was 3 years and 7 months
    and now DS2 4 years now working on gentle weaning and

"Pride is one of the seven deadly sins; but it can not be the pride of a mother in her children, for that is a compound of two cardinal virtues - faith and hope." Charles Dickens

Hmm, milk doesn't just go away unless there's a reason. Like the baby not removing milk (which can happen as the baby gets less and less interested in nursing), or pregnancy (any chance?).

Even if you feel like your supply is diminishing, there's no reason why you'd need to stop nursing. If the baby is interested, he'll get milk.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Hmm, milk doesn't just go away unless there's a reason. Like the baby not removing milk (which can happen as the baby gets less and less interested in nursing), or pregnancy (any chance?).

Even if you feel like your supply is diminishing, there's no reason why you'd need to stop nursing. If the baby is interested, he'll get milk.
    the pg test said no so not pg he is on the boob 4 5 min and is mad when done cause even though we havent slowed down on feedings or anything, hes not getting much. if it keeps on, we may end up stopping. he shows no sign of wanting to stop so IDK
    BF DD1 1 month

BF DD2 2 months

Okay, so being pg is out- how about being about to get AF back? A lot of moms notice a dip in supply around that time, and some babies seem not to like the taste of the milk...
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Okay, so being pg is out- how about being about to get AF back? A lot of moms notice a dip in supply around that time, and some babies seem not to like the taste of the milk...
    AF?
    BF DD1 1 month

BF DD2 2 months

AF = Aunt Flo, a.k.a. your period.

Don't forget that a baby that age can effectively empty a breast in 5 minutes or so, maybe that is why he is moving on to breast number two because he has emptied breast number one.
    If that's not the case then frequent nursing should get the supply and demand balance back.

Well.. Its very natural.. I mean if the baby get older much and can easily notice how the breast become empty, he may get shifted to other one.. see.. if your baby is older .. he may comes to know the fact.. So you don't worry!!

Not sure but my 12 mo old switches sides very often. My supply varies from day to day, I think.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.