Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I.cannot.believe.this

Default I.cannot.believe.this

I have mastitis again! I haven't had it for over a year! I thought I was safe!

This stinks.

Sorry, I just had to whine.
    Hi, I'm Seph!
    DD born - 5/12/09 5lbs 15oz, and now she's 27 lbs! weaned with love at 19 months.
    DS born - 10/12/11 8 lbs 1 oz, over 19 pounds now at 8.5 months and still nursing like a champ!
    I survived 3 solid months of a 10 food elimination diet and 22 months of a limited diet between my 2 children. I don't even remember what a peanut is.
    for 21 months!
    6 time conqueror of mastitis! (2 times without abx!)
    Have milk, will fly!

Default Re: I.cannot.believe.this

I'm sorry. Did you recently pump wean or something?
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

Feel better soon! Rest as much as you can!
    Melanie

Mom to
    Matthew born April 2009
    Jonathan born March 2011
    loving and

I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

thanks for the support!

mommy2lilah, yes, I have been working on pump weaning, but I started over a month ago and I haven't had a step down in pumpings recently. I started a 3x a day, moved to 2 for a couple weeks and started doing only one at the start of last week.

The weird thing is that I don't get plugs, just mastitis. After I started feeling like junk it took me 3 hours to figure out that was the problem. It wasn't until DD nursed and it feel a little uncomfortable that I put it together.

Anyway, I did A LOT of yard work this past weekend (put down a bunch of stepping stones, pebbles between them, mulch and stone edging) so I'm going to guess that I just worked too hard and my body was telling me so.

Totally stinks though
    Hi, I'm Seph!
    DD born - 5/12/09 5lbs 15oz, and now she's 27 lbs! weaned with love at 19 months.
    DS born - 10/12/11 8 lbs 1 oz, over 19 pounds now at 8.5 months and still nursing like a champ!
    I survived 3 solid months of a 10 food elimination diet and 22 months of a limited diet between my 2 children. I don't even remember what a peanut is.
    for 21 months!
    Have milk, will fly!

hope you feel better soon!
    First time mom to Kalyna born December 14th 2008

Born: 7lbs 7oz
    Month 1: 8lbs
    Week 5: 8lbs 6oz
    Week 7: 9lbs 5oz
    Week 9: 10lbs 2.6oz
    Week 17: 14lbs 7oz

Nursing a 3.5 year old!
    Love , and

That sucks big time. Did you end up going on antibiotics, or did it clear up on it's own? I hope you're feeling better by now.
    I my LLL meetings and this forum! Without them I wouldn't have been able to deal with poor latch, mastitis, over supply or thrush. Make a goal and stick with it! After many hurdles, I my baby boy, born all naturally 01/23/2010.

Birth Weight: 7lbs 15ozs
    6 Weeks: 11lbs 2ozs
    9 Weeks: 14lbs 0oz
    12 Weeks: 15lbs 3ozs
    4 Months: 16lbs 10ozs
    5.5 Months: 19lbs 1oz
    6.5 Months: 20lbs 0oz

I surrendered to the abx, and am now feeling much better. The whole thing was rather weird, mainly because the fever never really came back after that first night (even though I didn't get abx until the next night) and it didn't really hurt that much. Way less than a plug for instance.

oh well. thanks for all the well wishes!
    Hi, I'm Seph!
    for 21 months!
    Have milk, will fly!