Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Ouch!!!!!

Question Ouch!!!!!

Ok so hubby and I are in the process of adopting, this is awesome! We've tried to have a family for eight years with no success. And frankly I'm not getting any younger So I've met with the birth mom and she wants to meet with the hubby before the final 'yes'! This is very cool. Anyway, in preperation, I have decided to pump and take motherlove and other herbs to try to induce lactation. Can I just say....pumping hurts! I think more so when your body has not ever prepared for something like this. It's not like I was then stoped and wanted to start back up. Nope...this is starting fresh! And wow....it hurts! Just like this little face I believe this is what I look like during the process. Anyway, This has been a major desire for me to be able to nurse and I want to stick with it. So if there is any mom who has adopted and successfully BF please keep me in your prayers. Also, if there are any of you on here, can you give me an idea of how long it was before you saw anything? Just wondering Well time to go meet with the suction cup again!

Default Re: Ouch!!!!!

Pumping is like nursing: if it hurts there's probably something that isn't right. When you pump, do you see your nipples rubbing against the sides of the tube? If so, you may need to switch to a larger size of breast shield, or at least lube your nipples with olive oil while you pump. Alternately, you could be turning the suction up too high. Starting out on the lowest setting and gradually turning it up might help.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Default Re: Ouch!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Pumping is like nursing: if it hurts there's probably something that isn't right. When you pump, do you see your nipples rubbing against the sides of the tube? If so, you may need to switch to a larger size of breast shield, or at least lube your nipples with olive oil while you pump. Alternately, you could be turning the suction up too high. Starting out on the lowest setting and gradually turning it up might help.
    i agree
    Mother to the wonderful Teya - born June 21, 2010

Wife to Pat Sept 13, 2008

We are and at school