Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: drinking out of a cup

Default drinking out of a cup

The last four days when DS drinks out of a cup, he gets the liquid in his mouth and then he lets it all come back out. It doesn't make a difference if it is a sippy cup or a straw cup, but right now he's drinking whole milk out of a straw cup and it's all just going down the front of him. He does the same thing with water...I change his outfit many times a day because of this! Does this mean that it hurts to swallow or something? Maybe it's a phase? Anyone elses LO do this?
    Melanie

Mom to
    Matthew born April 2009
    Jonathan born March 2011
    loving and

Default Re: drinking out of a cup

I'm guessing no one else has/had a LO that did this! I decided to just take the drink away when he does this...which starts after about the second or third sip. I'm just going to assume it means he doesn't want it anymore
    Melanie

Mom to
    Matthew born April 2009
    Jonathan born March 2011
    loving and

That's what it sounds like to me. I mean, if he's not freaking out when he tries to swallow and he's not freaking out when he eats then that makes sense. My DS has a really cool new game where he takes a big bite of casserole or whatever then walks over to the dog and spits it out on the floor so he can watch the dog eat it. Awesome, huh?

I mean, if you think about it from his POV, dribbling water/milk all over (and the commotion that it causes) has got to be a boat load of fun!

Looks like he's learned a new trick and keeps practicing with it!
    I've just started teaching DD to use the sippy and at first everything was coming right back out, but now she will gulp down a few sips, and when she starts spitting it back, I assume she's had enough.
    1st time Mommy to Elizabeth Rose, born March 7th, 2010.