Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weaning from the paci...

Default Re: Weaning from the paci...

Glad to hear it's calming down for LO. It's fascinating that she cries less now (because you can understand her better so she's less frustrated).
    I regularly get questions from family, friends, even concerned coworkers!--on why we don't use a soother, and it was because we used LAM... after reading this I'm glad we never used one.
    Katharine
    Be the change you want to see in the world--Mahatma Gandhi
    mid-August DD (2010) & DS (2011 VBAC)
    Ouch! Is it thrush or Raynaud's phenomenon?

My baby girl has gone 2 complete weeks without her paci. She hasn't even asked for it in about 6 days. I can't believe that it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it'd be. She's a tough cookie and really fared well after having her precious paci taken away.

We are so thankful that we went through with this. She is talking like crazy. We are really so excited at her increase of speech
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*Leslie View Post
    My baby girl has gone 2 complete weeks without her paci. She hasn't even asked for it in about 6 days. I can't believe that it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it'd be. She's a tough cookie and really fared well after having her precious paci taken away.

We are so thankful that we went through with this. She is talking like crazy. We are really so excited at her increase of speech
    Way to go Joey!! We have also been pleasantly surprised at how easy it was for DD to give up her nighttime paci to the "bubbas fairy." She only cried for it for about a half hour for 2 nights after the initial night and that was it. Although just last night I asked DH if she's been asking for it at bedtime, and he said, "No, but she's been trying to suck her thumb." So I snuck into her bedroom with a flashlight to see if she was sucking her thumb in her sleep, and she wasn't. BUT she would suck her paci all night long! So I guess if she wants to suck her thumb to fall asleep and then it falls out, I'm ok with that.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.