Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Bottle Troubles

Default Bottle Troubles

I have a 5 and a half month old who will not take a bottle. We ran into this problem about 3 months ago before we started daycare, then the daycare provider magically got her to take even more than she was taking from anyone else. Now she will not take a bottle from me, my husband, or the daycare provider, and our dayvare provider is quickly running out of patience. I am desparate for any info/advice anyone can give me. Please help!

Default Re: Bottle Troubles

maybe she is ready for a faster flow nipple?? I am not to sure about bottles really, but I think around 6 months you are supposed to switch to a different nipple....just a thought?

We have her on a stage 2 right now, so I could try a stage 3. Dad tried a different kind of bottle tonight and she took it OK, but not great, so we'll keep with that bottle for a few days and see how that goes.

I am having the same problem here! My son is almost 6 months and not taking a bottle. I think the faster nipple is a good idea. I used water in a bottle and he loved it and kept grabbing for it (he only took an ounce or so and most of that dribbled out). I know they aren't supposed to have much water but it seemed to appeal to him. I'm going to do it for a few days and then see if he will take milk in it. Probably won't work but just a thought

you could try other ways... like the sippy cup or the straw cup.
    most babies love the straw and can figure it out.