Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Made it to a year...can I PLEASE pump wean now?

Default Re: Made it to a year...can I PLEASE pump wean now?

I just pump weaned a few weeks ago and I can't TELL you how nice it is!!! You'll love it. It's the best of both worlds--- not having to pump but still being able to BF the love of your life.
    Kerri - Mama to 3 fabulous little dudes!

Luke 2/1/01 ~ Didn't attempt to BF
    Jack 2/11/06 ~ BF attempt unsuccessful
    Toby 7/13/09 ~ BFing since day one!

Not to hijack but now you are making me wonder how much I need to pump at work (just one day a week but I've been taking an a.m. break and lunch and then leaving in the afternoon in time to nurse my baby). But she does take bottles of milk from dh while I'm at work so I feel like I should also be removing milk during that time.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*krystine View Post
    Not to hijack but now you are making me wonder how much I need to pump at work (just one day a week but I've been taking an a.m. break and lunch and then leaving in the afternoon in time to nurse my baby). But she does take bottles of milk from dh while I'm at work so I feel like I should also be removing milk during that time.
    I forget how old your LO is...I was personally comfortable pump weaning when DD didn't want the bottle anymore. I think that if she was still drinking it I would have continued to pump. You can still do it though if that's what you decide to do...Your LO might just make up for it later if they still need it KWIM?
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    I forget how old your LO is...I was personally comfortable pump weaning when DD didn't want the bottle anymore. I think that if she was still drinking it I would have continued to pump. You can still do it though if that's what you decide to do...Your LO might just make up for it later if they still need it KWIM?
    She just turned one this week. I pump morning and night daily for her to have a bottle a.m. and p.m. (plus I run in the mornings and don't want to be full for that). I never give her a bottle but she does get it from her daddy.

As long as going 4 hrs isn't a problem I may start staying longer at work in the afternoons at least. I had been working shortened days so I could just leave when it had been 3 hrs since pumping at lunch since I have pretty strict productivity requirements at work and didn't want to take a p.m. break.
    Nursed my sweet daughter 3 years, 3 mos.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*imanimama731 View Post

Please oh please, would it be alright of me to stop pumping and let her enjoy cow's milk and solids when I'm not home, and mama nursing time when I am? Will I lose my milk if I don't pump while I'm at work? I guess, ultimately, can I still breastfeed her and give her and myself all the benefits still, if I'm only nursing 3-4x a day during the week? I keep reading about all these women who nurse their toddlers 10-12x a day and I'm feeling really insecure.
    Without even reading the other replies, which I am sure are all supportive, let me just say YES!! I felt guilty at first, and actually stopped and started pumping a few times over a couple of weeks - we are a couple of months into no more pumping now and I am so much happier and I enjoy nursing again. I also have more time, which means more time with my girl!! An hour and a half a day of pumping adds up, and takes its toll eventually.

Pump wean, enjoy your child, and your supply will adjust for her. We nurse more on days that I am off, so far no troubles.
    "Old" first time ma (38) to Athena (May 17, 09) Oh my G-d, I'm nursing a toddler!!