Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is it crazy...

Default Is it crazy...

That I'm sad that the past 4 nights DS (almost 15 months) has refused to nurse before bed? He still nurses once in the night and multiple times during the day (and pratically cluster feeding in the mornings!) We part time co-sleep. DS starts off in his crib and joins us when he wakes up in the middle of the night to nurse. I had been nursing him til he fell asleep and putting him in his crib. The last 4 nights he has wanted nothing to do with the before bedtime nursing...so I just put him in his crib and sit next to him and he falls asleep within 20 minutes. You'd think this would be a good thing...but I'm sad, like he doesn't need me.
    Melanie

Mom to
    Matthew born April 2009
    Jonathan born March 2011
    loving and

Default Re: Is it crazy...

My LO has fallen asleep a couple of nights without nursing and it is sad even though you are happy they are taking that step. It feels like they grow up way to fast.
    Jessica

Moma to DS1-the monkinroanie (3/09) and DS2-the sweet pumpkin (5/12)
    Strong Women- May we have the delight of knowing them, the courage to be them and the privilege of raising them.
    And yes I know my spelling terrible (is that spelled right? )

Not crazy at all.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Mel- Logan gave up nighttime nursing before a lot of the other times. He just preferred to cuddle, read, and hang out and not really nurse. I would just let it play out as it will.

IMHO I would embrace the change and celebrate your little guy spreading his independent wings.

(Can I call u Mel)
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*green.momma View Post

Mel- Logan gave up nighttime nursing before a lot of the other times. He just preferred to cuddle, read, and hang out and not really nurse. I would just let it play out as it will.

IMHO I would embrace the change and celebrate your little guy spreading his independent wings.

(Can I call u Mel)
    Thanks! It's nice to know that it happened that way to someone else. It feels so odd since most of what I read that is the last one they give up!

And yes you can call me Mel lots of my friends do
    Melanie

Mom to
    Matthew born April 2009
    Jonathan born March 2011
    loving and

No, it's not crazy that you're sad about it. When my DD decided she no longer wanted her feed first thing in the morning, I was very sad about it. It had become such a part of our routine, that when she decided she no longer wanted it, I wasn't ready. I'd always thought it'd be me pushing the weaning, rather than her doing it. But it's natural, and it's all good. Growing independence and all that.
    Alison, mummy to Erin
    Born @ 30 weeks, 2nd July 2008, 3lb 11oz, fully breastfed

cloth nappy wearing bub.

Also, if it's only been four nights, it could be some weird temporary thing. So many times I've thought DD was weaning, but then she'd switch things up, nurse nonstop, etc.

I want to say too he still needs you but in new ways...