Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help! I am injured!

Default Re: Help! I am injured!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*durhamgrrl View Post
    How are you doing now Beth?

I thought about you and this at 3am when DD's latch was cruddy and she was rubbing her teeth against me.
    I was just thinking I need to update this thread. Thanks for looking after me.

it's funny you mention the cruddy latch at night because I CANNOT sleep. She has been tossing and turning all night long and her latch on the right is so painful and sharp. She's leaving compression lines on my nipple and it's sore to wear a shirt or bra. I had a horrible plugged duct night before last. The actual sore is shrinking, but it's still pretty red and white and swollen.

Yesterday I think was the worst day for pain, but today is better (though still ouchie). Of course I dilly dallied and talked myself out of the LC consult because I felt bad asking for free advice and didn't want to pay.

Part of the problem is that I don't heal. Ever. So it just takes a while.

I'm so tired I have been wishing for longer sleep stretches.

If you aren't getting any sleep anyway have you thought about getting up at night and nursing her upright? I'm thinking that could improve her latch

tsk tsk on the LC (but it is totally what I would have done)
    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    Part of the problem is that I don't heal. Ever. So it just takes a while.
    Do you take a multivitamin? Vitamin A, vitamin C and zinc are all supposed to help with healing and Vitamin E helps your skin and vitamin A regulation.

Look after yourself mama, you are burning the candle at both ends and doing a lot of jobs right now. Give yourself a break.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

I take a multi prenatal and extra D, cal/mag. Probably need more E and C. You are right. I'm not taking great care of myself. Vitamins are a real challenge with nausea.

But the good news is I have one month of nothing and then only one class.

She screams at night if I mess with her position or make her nurse on the side she doesn't want. She launches herself over me when she wants to change sides.

All great suggestions. Since it's the weekend and DH can sleep in maybe I'll try the upright and risk the screaming.

She screams at night if I mess with her position or make her nurse on the side she doesn't want. She launches herself over me when she wants to change sides.
    H has taken to just standing up (while still sleeping) to get at the other one so I have to flip over whether I want to or not to avoid being dragged when she eventually falls over. Got to love those strong willed babies.

Hope it helps.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

She makes me want to she screamed tonight because she didn't get her drink at dinner in a see through glass and that's how the big people get it I guess. And she will only wear a diaper and maybe one of K's shirts. Namely a kitty PJ top. She won't wear the cute kitty stuff I made.

Totally OT.

anyway. I was thinking about starting a thread because I think her reflux is acting up. Sh has thrown up several times recently and is not sleeping well.

can you hijack your own thread??
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Dontcha love those strongwilled babies?

anyway. I was thinking about starting a thread because I think her reflux is acting up. Sh has thrown up several times recently and is not sleeping well.
    Could it be a virus, instead? There's a semi-nasty one going around here- vomiting, diarrhea, fever... DD was acting "like a behind" (I love that expression of Andrea's) and her sleep was off, too. I didn;t realize that anything was really wrong until her school called and said she'd spiked a fever.

Not trying to make you worry, of course! Just throwing it out there as a possibility.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

It's been going on off and on for the last couple of months. I shrugged it off thinking it was just overeating or virus, but now I don't think so. Come to think of it, her sleep got worse when I stopped the reflux meds. then it got a little better after teething and now we are back...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygirl05 View Post
    can you hijack your own thread??
    one wouldn't think so....

Is it possible that her 2 year molars are starting too? I think Lilah's might be... but I need to get a better look into the back of her mouth. And she's not done with the canines yet either.
    Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months