Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help! I am injured!

Default Re: Help! I am injured!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    Thanks for the nipple recipe!
    Maybe this should be the next Iron Chef challenge. Recipes for nipple!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*zplum View Post

Oh mama. That sounds awful. Hope it heals up soon!
    Thanks and How is the move? Are you feeling well?

Thanks and How is the move? Are you feeling well?
    I'm feeling pretty good! Only mild nausea and the nips hurt but it's not that bad. We move in the morning so I'll be MIA for a few more days. I miss you and all my mamas.
    I'm Colleen
    Mama to
    Silas born May 2009 ~ Nursed 18 mos, weaned during pregnancy, unweaned at 24 months, still nursing when he feels like it
    Lola born March 2011 ~ The Mary Lou Retton of toddler nursing
    Married to Brandon
    Using cloth on both bums

We hibernate together

Glad you are feeling ok. Moving is hard! Don't wear yourself out. Wishing you an easy move! Miss you too!

Oh my nipple hurts SO bad!!! It's like razor blades and shoots deep down. I'm cringing and trying not to swear the entire time E nurses on that side.

The cut part is red on the outer edges and white in the middle like when a wound is trying to scab but is wet a lot.

I worried that I have milk clogged right next to it though because there is a huge bright white lump next to the part that's trying to scab. I tried to squeeze it a bit and it hurt too much. And it's hard too.

Any ideas on what I can do to clear that if it's milk clogged under the surface?

Oh - also milk is still coming out on the side in other areas. Even though it hurts so bad, apparently it still knows it's job.

Beth Do you have a mw or an LC you have contact with. They have some magic stuff on hand that can really help with stuff like this.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Yeah I have an LC that I used with E. Tomorrow is so busy though. I don't think I can fit another thing in. It may have to wait. I'm hoping tomorrow is better.

Yeah I have an LC that I used with E. Tomorrow is so busy though. I don't think I can fit another thing in. It may have to wait. I'm hoping tomorrow is better.
    Do you think cooling it would work. Wet washcloth over it kind of thing? Or is it too wet? Can you air it? Or do you have to hide it from E? I know if my boobs are out H feels like she has to be latched, changing shirts has to be done in a different room right now

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

I've been airing it quite a bit and I have been moving around a lot to keep her from boredom nursing. DH took her out for three hours today and w ehad people over that distracted yesterday. But at night I can't keep her off that side or from
    nursing. And her sleeping latch hurts!

fingers crossed it's healing and not getting infected or something.

fingers crossed it's healing and not getting infected or something.
    Oh mama How are you feeling otherwise. Is the area around it hot to the touch. Have you checked your temp? and one more

Try calling the LC. She might be able to give you some good advice without going there. And remember that you being pain free should be a pretty high priority in your busy day (if for no other reason than a women in pain is not an efficient woman)

Family beds are awesome