Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help! I am injured!

Default Re: Help! I am injured!

Thanks mama!

It is hot to the touch, but I don't feel fevery, thank goodness. She nurses so much from that side that I worry I will quickly get mastitis if she doesn't nurse much.

You know with H getting so excited to nurse, you know you will be nursing past one, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    You know with H getting so excited to nurse, you know you will be nursing past one, don't you?
    Oh yeah. I have been kidding myself that we will be done by 18 mo as she is so into solid food. But I know it is kidding. I do want to be down to morning, nap and to sleep at night by then. I am sooooo touched out. Of course she won't be following me like a puppy and climbing my pant leg all the time then either
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Ouch! Hope you feel better soon, Beth!
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

Beth, do you think you could be developing thrush? I'm so sorry. It sounds incredibly painful. Also, could you nurse her upside down when you're laying down, so that her teeth are not near that spot?

Tracie

Mommy to
    Lilah 10/08 nursed 25 months
    Beatrix 01/11 nursed 30 months

i cringe just thinking about a wound like that

hope you feel better very soon!
    Student aspiring to be a Chiropractor and mother to Noah who will be 3 in July and Olivia who will be 2 in Aug.

Beth, ! I wish I had more to offer.

When DD2 was 3, she accidentally sliced right into the middle of my nipple when she started talking before completely unlatching. Blood shot everywhere and I actually screamed!. It hurt like heck for about a week but I kept it open to the air and used tons of lanolin. I also did deep breathing exercises and basically tried to use my labor pain techniques while she was nursing. Lucky for me, but that time she was only nursing 1-2 times per day and not night nursing.

I'm not sure if that helps but I hope you are feeling better soon!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

awwww...geez! I hope it gets better soon
    Proud mom of 2:
    DD 5/2008 nursed for 3 years and 3 months.
    DS born 8/2011 nursing like a champ

Sorry for the short responses...always, always, always NAK or holding a baby

Shoot, I missed your update! Ouch. I wish I knew what to do for what you describe. I hope the LC can fix it!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Yikes Molly! Ow!

Tracie, I don't know about thrush. It feels like it could be thrushy with the pain getting worse, but maybe it's just sore from being nursed on. I can't nurse her upside down at night. She would never go for it.

She has only nursed once since permalatch of the morning thankfully. We are so busy today. In trying to nurse her down for a little nap before taking R to tutoring.

How are you doing now Beth?

I thought about you and this at 3am when DD's latch was cruddy and she was rubbing her teeth against me.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.