Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Teething & loss of appetite?

Default Teething & loss of appetite?

Lately DD has not wanted to eat much solids, but bfing she wants. She 's teething right now. She has 4 coming in on the top. I've noticed that she hasn't had much of an appetite for solids h
    Has anyone else experienced this when LO is/was teething?
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned as of 7/19/13
    Dealt with recurring clogged ducts, mastitis, OALD/OS, and baby reflux with both girls
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

Default Re: Teething & loss of appetite?

Completely normal, my LO doesn't like solids while teething but loves to nurse both for hunger and comfort. I am just happy he still nurses because I know he is getting most of what he needs. Also, I offer cold food he can chew on and breastmilk popsicles. After the discomfort subsides, he is ready to eat more solids. Problem is he seems to be teething more often than not. As long as LO is nursing just offer solids but don't worry if they go on the floor.

my name is Sarah mother to
    Alana 12/31/98
    Conner 5/30/09

Breastfeeding 3 years and counting!

Potty trained at 2 but kind of miss those cute CD's!

"Of all the rights of women, the greastest is to be a mother." Lin Yutang

I really hope this is normal You're right, it seems like she's teething more than not
    She was just beginning to actually enjoy her finger foods and be interested in new foods and now, she doesn't even want what she really likes, bananas, grapes, blueberries, cheerios, puffs, & crackers She just sees her jars (of baby food) and she'll start fussing
    I'm a SAHM to
    #1 Alyssa 5/26/09 BF for exactly 25 1/2mths
    #2 Emily 11/7/11 completely self-weaned as of 7/19/13
    Dealt with recurring clogged ducts, mastitis, OALD/OS, and baby reflux with both girls
    #3 Victoria 12/16/13

New sights, new goals, new directions...

Smile Re: Teething & loss of appetite?

my 14 month LO has a loss of appetite. she's not showing any signs of teething atm but she fusses when we try to give her solids. not bfding any more than usual, but not on a strike either thankfully. should i just ride this out and hope she comes round of her own accord? we've tried offering all types of food, on various plates / shapes etc

thanks for anyone's experience they can share

Also remember that after a year growth slows down. At that age so much is going on with walking, talking, exploring. 1 tablespoon is a serving at this age so taking that into account they might be getting more than you think. I quit worrying since DS is meeting milestones, alert, very active and growing on his own curve.

my name is Sarah mother to
    Alana 12/31/98
    Conner 5/30/09

Breastfeeding 3 years and counting!

Potty trained at 2 but kind of miss those cute CD's!

"Of all the rights of women, the greastest is to be a mother." Lin Yutang